Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My newly-installed Rox risers pull the throttle cables pretty taut in the full right lock position. In my currently cramped and dark garage I can't get under the bike to see how they connect at that end or if there's anything along the way I can slack. It looks like I can re-route them under the other lines at the triple tree to get some slack, but I'm reluctant to disconnect them up there without knowing more.

Are these throttle-body injectors, and will they need to be re-synched if I disconnect them?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
At the throttle grip they disconnect by removing the two screws holding the switch together, pulling the top off, adjusting the cables all the way in, taking the one cable screw out, and taking the cables of the sleeve.

Nothing needed with the injectors.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
At the throttle bodies they connect to a pulley on a single shaft that goes through both throttle bodies. You can disconnect them without having to worry about re-synching. I've taken mine off a number of times now. You loosen a clamp then disengage first one then the other cable from the pulley on the shaft. Only thing to watch out for is which cable goes back on the bottom of the pulley and which one goes on the top. Get them reversed and the throttle will work backwards.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
At the throttle bodies they connect to a pulley on a single shaft that goes through both throttle bodies. You can disconnect them without having to worry about re-synching. I've taken mine off a number of times now. You loosen a clamp then disengage first one then the other cable from the pulley on the shaft. Only thing to watch out for is which cable goes back on the bottom of the pulley and which one goes on the top. Get them reversed and the throttle will work backwards.
Not sure why you would remove the cables down at the throttle body when you can do it at the throttle grip and that end can't be put back together backwards. :confused:

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Me either but I wasn't clear from the wording of his question if he was going to try to unhook them down there or not. The easier path is to unhook them at the top as you need to remove a lot less tupperware to gain access.

There is one advantage to taking them loose at the bottom. It doesn't affect the cable adjustment like it does when you take them loose at the top. Weighed against removing the front bodywork to gain access readjusting the cables would be the lesser evil.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me either but I wasn't clear from the wording of his question if he was going to try to unhook them down there or not. The easier path is to unhook them at the top as you need to remove a lot less tupperware to gain access.

There is one advantage to taking them loose at the bottom. It doesn't affect the cable adjustment like it does when you take them loose at the top. Weighed against removing the front bodywork to gain access readjusting the cables would be the lesser evil.
I'll try to explain. I can't get to the bottom end in the place I have to work, so I don't know what I'm dealing with. I need to get a little slack in the throttle cables because of my barbacks. If I disconnect them and re-route them under the brake lines at the triple tree I may get enough slack. I wasn't sure if I could disconnect them and then reconnect without messing something up.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
If you disconnect them at the grip you will not mess anything up. You will just have to readjust the cables when you hook them back up. That is pretty easy to and is explained in the owners manual.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
That's the beauty of that end at the grip, the adjustment is only for cable play at that end which can be done by feel. Then you can take out and reroute the cables at the triple tree. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts