Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2008 400. recently throttle bogs down at any speed after it is up to operating tempature. sometimes i can ride it for 20 minutes before it starts bogging.
there is no FI light that comes on. ive checked the fuel pump and it's ok. replaced the fuel pump relay switch which was not bad.
im not sure where to go from here are what to check for next. you guys have any ideas.
i know when it bogs down i can check the fuel flow into the fuel injector by taking the fuel line loose. there is hardly any fuel coming through. thats why i thought it might be a bad pump relay. actualy i changed the relay out with another used one. i can hear and feel the pump relay kicking in and working.
i will answer any questions best i can.
thanks guys

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i might add that my gas mileage has dropped 3 to 4 miles to the gallon. very sluggish from a dead stop. roll back on the throttle and it will slow down. if i let off the throttle just a little it will slowly gain speed.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Have you cleaned your air filters just incase it's not getting enough air? I'm sure someone will give better advice than me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Air filter clean. New fuel filter. Use sea foam.
Before coming home I disconnected the coupler to the fuel pump relay. Jiggled the wires, put it back on. No bogging down during the 15 minute ride home. Will check for broken wire this weekend.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Cool sounds like you may have found your problem without spending money. I love free fixes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so far the bike is running good since i jiggled the wires yesterday. if it acts up again i will pull the electrical tape off and look closer for a broken wire. i do have a new pump relay on order and it should be here next week i hope.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The problem could also be coming from the secondary throttle on the throttlebody assy. When it is malfunctioning the butterfly closes momentarily acting like a choke in effect starving the engine of oxygen.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's bogging down again. Took the pump relay off. Checked for broken wire. Found nothing wrong. Will check the STPS.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Latest update. Bogging down, parked bike and took fuel line off from injector. Switched key on. Fuel pressure is low coming out of fuel line. Disconnected fuel cap, shot a couple blast of air through the fuel line from top side. Switched key on a couple times until fuel came through. I now have good fuel pressure. Could it be the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR? Runs fine now but not sure how long.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Putting this back out there for any ideas and help.
I ordered a fuel pressure regulator. There is not one in stock in the USA. It is coming from Japan and wont be here until the end of the week at best, so I wont get it until next week. I'm pretty sure this is my problem.
Has anyone else had the same problem and found the solution?
Bike has 61,750 miles on it. If that matters.
If this doesn't fix my problem I will have to put it in the shop and see if they can figure it out. I don't want to have to put a lot of money into it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can here my valves ticking. While I'm waiting on my part to come from Japan I will take my bike to the stealership tomorrow and have the valves adjusted. It's possible that's the reason my bike is bogging down. Either way they need adjusting. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last and final update I hope. While I was waiting on my fuel pressure regulator to ship from Japan I put my bike in the shop for a valve adjustment. I picked my bike up today, as I was pulling out of the stealership and I might add, it was $212.00 to adjust the valves, it started bogging down. So, it wasn't the valves. As soon as I got home I put the fuel pressure regulator in. Took it for a ride. Presto, problem solved. Thank you Jesus. Good to be riding again after being down for a month or more.
I hope this helps with anyone having the same problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts