Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dreaded C28 and C29 codes came up this weekend.
After much tweaking and cleaning. It is clear that I need to replace the throttle body.
Well actually just the small little sensor computer thing on the side, but as we all know you can't buy just that part.
So, I need to replace the entire throttle body.

The best price I can find is for $513.

Does anyone else have any recommendations on where I can get it cheaper?

·
Registered
514 Posts
That sucks the secondary throttle valve actuator isn't available separately when every other sensor is. If I am interpenetrating the parts breakdown correctly, you will get a complete throttle body with new sensors (STVA, STPS, TPS, ICSV. and IAPS) Don't forget to do the do the TP Sensor Adjustment pg 1C-2 (139)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks the secondary throttle valve actuator isn't available separately when every other sensor is. If I am interpenetrating the parts breakdown correctly, you will get a complete throttle body with new sensors (STVA, STPS, TPS, ICSV. and IAPS) Don't forget to do the do the TP Sensor Adjustment pg 1C-2 (139)
Rad. Thanks man. I'll def be sure to get the whole thing all tuned up just right.
Any idea the best place to buy the part from for the best price?

·
Registered
46 Posts
In the instructions is the special tool (09930-82720) just a jumper wire, and how is it connected for future reference.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rad. Thanks man. I'll def be sure to get the whole thing all tuned up just right.
Any idea the best place to buy the part from for the best price?
Don't know who has the best price, I haven't had to source one....yet. Places that I have bookmarked:

Suzuki Parts | Suzuki Parts Nation
Partzilla: OEM Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, Marine Parts
Suzuki Scooter OEM Parts, Ron Ayers

Assuming your bike is a US non california model, code E03, looks like the correct throttle body PN is 13401-05H02....if you have a california model (E33) use PN 13401-05H12 throttle body...that's per the IPC you linked in your first post.

·
Registered
514 Posts
In the instructions is the special tool (09930-82720) just a jumper wire, and how is it connected for future reference.
Yes. Search for posts by me, I posted a picture of how I do it. Also google search for suzuki dealer mode for other close up pictures so you know you jumpering the correct 2 wires....someone a jumpered the wrong pins and blew a fuse earlier this summer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Doesn't Mitch have a video on Youtube how he fixed that problem? Aren't some people disconnecting that STVA and wiring/gluing it wide open? I have 2010 400 and I would be looking at a less expensive though imperfect fix before I would spend that kind of money on it. Mine's a low kilometer puff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Doesn't Mitch have a video on Youtube how he fixed that problem? Aren't some people disconnecting that STVA and wiring/gluing it wide open? I have 2010 400 and I would be looking at a less expensive though imperfect fix before I would spend that kind of money on it. Mine's a low kilometer puff.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If your planning on getting a new throttle body why don't you try to eliminate the secondary throttle valve actuator on your old one. I think it may still run fine but the check engine light will stay on. A piece of tape will protect your eyes from the FI always being on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That's the video I was thinking of but it was too late for me to look for it. The check engine light in our Dodge SX2.0 has been on for six years. One of the gas tank evaporative emissions hoses has a tiny hole in it. Meh.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Assuming your bike is a US non california model, code E03, looks like the correct throttle body PN is 13401-05H02....if you have a california model (E33) use PN 13401-05H12 throttle body...that's per the IPC you linked in your first post.
I have never heard of this before. How do I figure out if I have the californian model or not?
E3/E28
or
E33

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have never heard of this before. How do I figure out if I have the californian model or not?
E3/E28
or
E33
By your VIN. Page 0A-5 General Information of the link in my first reply post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts