Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife for a ride last night. She'd ridden both the Burger and the DR on empty lots and deserted roads with me on the back (which is the only way she can touch the ground on the dirt bike), but I finally convinced her that she was ready for traffic. (Yes, she's had the MSF, but hasn't actually ridden enough to be comfortable.)

We went out, her on the Burgman and I on the DR, and I just let her lead wherever she wanted to go. First she kept to the local neighborhood streets, but eventually she was cruising Main Street (though Small Town Main) and even got onto the highway for awhile.

We covered a total of about 30 miles, and about halfway through while stopped at an intersection, she looked at me (her smile shone all the way through her full-face helmet) and said, "This is FUN!!"

8)

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went for another solo this afternoon, and then doubled up on the Burgie to go to lunch. Nearing the city, a dazzling white Indian pulled out in front of us. Not having seen one of the new Indians, I accelerated to catch up with him. He apparently took it as a challenge. (C'mon, we were two up - DUH!) He nailed it, and so did I. At around ninety, he rather smugly looked to his left, only to realize that we were still in the exact same relative position to him that we were when he took off. Then a double-take when he realized that he'd been tagged by a SCOOTER!

Sharon was a little upset that I went with him, 'til she saw that look. Priceless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts