Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
i'd pay him 50 cents for that cell phone thingy and carry my own bottles with me !!!

seriously cool

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Yeah, the cell phone thing stuck with me as well.

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Ah haha, I caught it. In the cell phone trick the bottle goes into his left hand and goes out of sight while the guy behind him switches bottles with him. His hand now covers the whole bottle so no one can see the cell phone that is already in it. When he begins to slap the bottle against the cell, and just before, he shifts it in his hand so the cell is in his finger tips and shoots it into the dark open jacket he is wearing. Some inside pocket or adhesive catches it and it is gone. The man who owns the phone is a shill. That's why the phones are the same. The man with the glasses and same type jacket to the magicians right has a bottle in his right hand then switches it to his left hand (out of site now he makes the switch with the magician) and then moves the empty bottle the was handed off to him while the trickster has the loaded one. Cool trick. But it takes two shills.

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
so I guess I'll have to wait until he can put the persons head in a bottle and leave the cell phone outside oops zeco

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
In the second trick if you look closely you can see him sneak out behind the guy in the coat on the right and out through the opened door.

Does anyone else find it strange that inside the showroom two people were wearing overcoats inside whilst outside people were wearing t-shirts?

·
Premium Member
8,145 Posts
farqhuarforever said:
In the second trick if you look closely you can see him sneak out behind the guy in the coat on the right and out through the opened door.

Does anyone else find it strange that inside the showroom two people were wearing overcoats inside whilst outside people were wearing t-shirts?
well, that depends, would it be strange if my overcoat pockets didn't have the bottom sewed shut ? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I agree with your second point about the coats farqhuarforever, and the guy in black to the right is in on it too...so is the guy outside in the white shirt with the headphones on. But I cannot see any movement that gives him away. The most obvious sore thumb in this illusion to me is that only the people inside the shop were amazed. The folks outside were pretty much indifferent, as if nothing amazing was going on; and it wasn't. I just don't see it yet. :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
I am analytic by nature - and have spent a career exercising that aptitude.

I know it's a trick, and magicians all exploit human nature to achieve the illusion. With magic, I have a certain willingness to be fooled.

This feeling is kind of in the same vein as the suspension of disbelief I personally have to practice when I'm watching any piece of fiction.

I have to actively suppress my nature - or I will disassemble all the "whimsy" out of my life...

I enjoyed the tricks - and appreciate the artistry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts