Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, with the temp @ 58F, I went home at lunch and got the svelte!! I rode it back into work. Two work associates asked me if I went and got it and I said yes. They came out and looked her over, looked at all the features, the trunk, etc. They asked all of the normal questions like "is there a choke, how do you shift, etc." The last question that I get from newbies is wonderful. "Well, with all of that, why would anyone want a motorcycle?" That's when I say with a grin "I have owned both and I honestly don't have an answer for ya."

At work, there is a very durable guy that rides a Nighthawk 750 with about 50K miles on it. I have never met him but his bike is there every day, even when the temp is in the "teens".. When I walked out, he was there looking my svelte over. He looked at me straight away and said "That's the way to go, ain't it?" I said "I dunno, why don't you take it for a spin and tell me." He came back with a grin on his face and said the Nighthawk is his last motorcycle, he'll be gettin a scooter. He said he was tired of stuffing all of his crap in a tank bag and getting water all over his legs during the rain.

Three converts...one day. COOL!!!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
It's where we're all headed bechtoea.

Nice to be on the cutting edge of a new trend/tecnology isn't it? :wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right. This is the future.

I remember my conversion day. At the time, I had a Honda CX500 full dress. My father sold his Honda CM450A Hondamatic to my brother and got a Helix. We went to the dealership to pick it up and I said "What the hell is that?" while I was laughing. He said "Just get on it and run it down the road." So that's what I did.

I came back with that same look ,that feeling that everyone else gets...you know, the one of disbelief, the one that says that everything YOU know about two wheel motorized vehicles is 100% wrong.

Two years later I had a Helix. And last year, the svelte. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford anything I want. Harley, Gold Wing, crotch rocket, anything! I got what I want.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Three converts in one day!

Good going Bechtoea!

I've yet to convert anyone after almost 1 year on the svelte. There's always been a lot of interest though. It seems in some ways I've proven the Burgie's worth among my Goldwing riding partners--after riding most of my 7600 miles with them, they just expect me to show up and keep up on any type of ride long or short, rain or shine.

Burgwoman400 USA

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if they don't give a second thought to you keeping up with a 1800cc touring machine, that speaks volumes.

Tremendous!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts