Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode a circuit that was approx 400 miles from Salem NH, Northampton MA, providence RI, Northshore MA.

It was gusty people. On 91 South to N. Hampton, I had open Rd and a Radar Detector and I had to find out if I could break the Burgman.

I held the throttle open for well over 20 minutes, reching speeds of +110. While I can say that the Burgman is no Goldwing or Electraglide as far as stability at those speeds go, its not terrible either.

She is a little light on her feet at those speeds, is all. How often are you going to do something like this anyway ? this was a test, only a test.

I feel, with some confidence, that the flex in the stock screen is partially responsible for some of the side force reaction in cross winds. Maybe a more rigid screen will help stabilze the platform.

I will go over the bike today, cleaning and checking fasteners for loosening and such. So far no problems, so the verdict is that a good thrash wont break the Burgie.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:lol: Who you kidding.....that was no test. You just love opening up that machine and racing others. Thanks for the report :wink:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
allwalk said:
:lol: Who you kidding.....that was no test. You just love opening up that machine and racing others. Thanks for the report :wink:
A brief note on the racing prospects. I got eaten alive by a new Goldwing. No surpruse there.

Honey Dew Donuts in Reading MA is a biker hangout - I pulled up last night and amongst the Harleys and one very fine VTX Dresser, I schmoozed around. I really like the new 03 Road King...that's on my short list along with the Yam Warrior.

Anyhoo, I get an off the wall comment about (friendly talk) "...cant go too fast on those things, Ive got the Screammmmming Easgggle kit...."

I held up 3 $20 bills....OK lets go....I say....I'll give you odds, put up 20$ How can you lose.

Aright...he says once around the lake nothing crazy....but then his buddy takes him aside and I couldnt hear waht he said. So later the guy leaves and his friend comes up to me and says, "I told him that his 20 was a lost cause and that the Burgman on published specs alone is a ringer".

Word is getting out.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:sign5: You're definetely the James Dean on this forum and I think it's great. Guess your pickings are going to get slim as the word gets out you Hustler you. :lol: :notworthy:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allwalk said:
:sign5: You're definetely the James Dean on this forum and I think it's great. Guess your pickings are going to get slim as the word gets out you Hustler you. :lol: :notworthy:
It might have been a great career change or avocation. I was going to invest in some judicous mods, like FI remaping and exhaust/intake work.

Naaaahhhhhh...just ride the thing and never clean it, acrylic paint weird stuff on the body work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a monthly magazine called Motorcycle Consumer News (no ads). They reviewed the 650 Burgman in May 2004 and compared it more than favourably to a 2004 Honda Aero 750 cruiser

Speed 0-60 MPH (American) not Kilometers
Regular 10 sec.
Power 8 sec.
Manual 7 sec.
1/4 mile 15.19 sec

Article reprints — Ian Smith information at (303) 777-2385. I don't get anything for this plug but it's a great mag to read and maybe if more of us opt for a subscription, they'll include more articles of interest.

Also posted under manual shift item

1 - 7 of 7 Posts