Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding through the dark, cold mist on the way to work.

With nothing better to think about, I noticed the icey blast coming
in around my feet. I've reached down and there is definetly
a vacuum pulling the air from around the fairing onto my legs/feet.

It looks like the fairing is wide enough to provide good coverage,
but may ankles say otherwise.

I wonder if two vacuum releif vents could be installed in the dash.
They could be plumbed into into the air coming from behind the radiator.
This hopefully would increase the size of the envelop .

Just another comment. The Burgman's headlight are very good.
I would compare them to the light coming from most cars.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
When riding in cold weather, I've noticed that leg protection seems better when I put my feet forward on the upsloping portion of the floorboards. Try that next time, and see if it helps.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Of course we now know who is NOT wearing over the ankle boots when they ride.
When it's cold I ride with my feet on the up portion of the floorboards also. :lol:

seatec, Were can I see pictures of the wind wings ?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Actually, I do wear calf high boots when I ride. Temps here have been in the 20's 30's and 40's lately. Where the cold air gets me is on the underside of my legs. Putting my feet forward helps with that too (wearing long john's helps even more).

Wind wings would be excellent. I've only seen one 650 with them installed - that was Lonnie Stiver's scoot at Scootercade. I did have them on my Kawi Concours and they were terrific. In the hot weather I could set them to pull air in toward my legs, and in the cold weather I'd set them to keep air away. They work.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
The windwings may show up in Gallery under my name, not a very good picture. If you go to a german site for suzuki they should show up under options for 650. I will try and get some pictures up of mine if you cant find any. There was a guy building ones for silverwing and was making them for 650 in usa, dont know where to find it. wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts