Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on the net that Vancouver got hit with a severe quake how are you? Thoughts and prayers are with you

·
Registered
639 Posts
Gee, Doctor K, thanks for the concern, :shock: but no earthquakes in this region.

There was one 245 miles off of Vancouver Island, but since we live on an earthquake zone, that's nothing new. Didn't even feel it here. But hey, it's sure nice that our nice neighbours to the south of us are thinking about us up here. :)

You should come for a visit some time. Vancouver and Victoria are beautiful safe places to visit.

http://www.tourismvictoria.com/

http://www.tourismvancouver.com/

Reg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to but it will have to be after next summer as the family and I are going out west through the south so our vacation plans are made up for next year. I wanted to visit the northwest after that as that will be one of the few places left for us to visit. Our kids are 10, 12 and 13 and after the next trip, they will only have 10 states left, including Alaska and Hawaii. We got the scooters to go with us on our trips with the motorhome.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Leave the kids with the Grandparents :D and take a cruise to Alaska from Seattle.

The cruise ships stop in Victoria or Vancouver on the way up or down. This way you kill two birds with one stone. But I guarantee that if you spend a couple of hours here off of one those cruise ships, you'll want to come back for more, they always do.

Then you can bring the kids with the motorhome to explore "Beautiful BC" - especially Vancouver Island.

(OK - you can also visit Seattle too). :)

Reg 8)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just to make you Guys out on the Island feeel even better than you already do, we are getting snow this afternoon here in Ottawa!
@#$& :protest:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mmmm, it seems that whenever the West Coast gets a milder winter, the East Coast gets pounded :shock: by severe winter storms.

I hear the weatherman is predicting a mild winter for us this year...

My condolences! :D

Reg 8)

·
Registered
367 Posts
vfdcaptain said:
I hear the weatherman is predicting a mild winter for us this year...

My condolences! :D

Reg 8)
And I hear the weather man here saying that we are going to have a tough winter, that is after a pretty s__tty summer!
Not only haven't I been able to ride, I am still trying to get my sunroom installed! My wife will kill me if we have to wait till spring to do it.
One good part about hearing that you westerners are going to have a good winter is that I have a son out in Victoria, mind you he has it even better since he is suppose to be wintering in Hawaii!
#@!% I will be shovelling soon!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not only haven't I been able to ride, I am still trying to get my sunroom installed!
Is it like the Field of Dreams? If you build a sunroom does the sun come? In Pittsburgh, it seems a sunny day is when the sky is light gray. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts