Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been contemplating an armored shirt as I liked my kids and I often ride with my jacket open for photography and heat and that sort mucks the shoulder armor. That might have contributed to my should injury as I suspect the jacket shoulder was not fully in place when I hit the turf.

Came across this

Users seem happy with it. Given how little I paid for my long lived JR mesh jacket - this should work okay upping the armor level without breaking the bank and fits under the JR perfectly - I pulled the inserts on the JR but it has soft armor as well.

The back plate and kidney belt are removable - I will tend to ride with the back plate unless it's really hot - the Joe Rocket jacket has kidney protection.

My knee guards are the same company and I'm happy with them tho the straps are getting a tad loose. $22 tho.....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/10/23109/ITEM/Fox-Racing-Titan-Race-Knee-Guards.aspx
and certainly saved my knee coming off in Australia and they are very light. Good reviews.

Came in today

HiViz rain jacket..Ray Bans…..may I see your licence m'am :D

riding shirt goes right over the armor so great for photography which is what I wanted - camera in one pocket - big lens in the other but still armored.

very rideable just like this - cool and comfy

The shoulder straps on both sides are set once to hold the shoulder padding exactly tight to the shoulder
Just unclip and run the zipper down to take the shirt off

Zippers are easy to hookup - stretchy material and they run smoothly

same one time adjustment to snug the elbow and forearm armour in place

If it hangs in over time I'll be very pleased - figure if it's comfy from the get go I'll wear it more often.

I like this approach putting the armor tight to the joints.

With JR jacket on there is a bit of the armored hulk aspect but hey better than the usual pear shape ;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've been looking at these off and on for a year now. Are they as hot as they look? Restrictive? Every chest protector I get I end up taking the shoulder pads off. That's why I keep looking for "The one".

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mesh shirt - I think it very much depends on what you wear underneath.
Dryfit should keep you cool or no shirt
Certainly cooler than the JR mesh which is not bad in the heat ( I ride in tropical Australia )

Not in the leastd restrictive at least without the kidney belt it wasn't.

RevZilla will price match and has no question return policy.

Not using the back protector would likely be cooler

I just prefer it to the jacket armor which does not really sit tight to the areas needed to be protected all the time.

It was 80 when I left home today and I was cooler than my mesh and it was 65 or so on the way home and I slipped the rain jacket over it for warmth. It's a better set up than the rain jacket over the JR mesh jacket tho that works too....this was more comfortable.

Growing trend I think.
Of course I ride off road as well in Aus and it will do dual duty. Hoping to downsize to a KLX400 there and shed 110 lb of weight for pottering around in the forest and savannah

·
Registered
154 Posts
****....I do like that shirt a lot!!! Nice find. I'm seriously considering getting one.

late,
Coz

·
Registered
3 Posts
johnkelsall

summer temps are 30 c to 42 c in the okanogan and i ride with dri-weave short sleeves and thor armour plus a mesh shirt long sleeve over in a light color to block heat absorbtion. it feels like a/c in the dairy isle of your market at a 100 kph

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have tried several on over the past year or so. None fit. I wear a 3X in something like that but I have a gut and they want to ride up over my gut. Too bad as I would really like to have one. My riding buddy has one (for 2 years) and loves it. Wears just it on top when the temps start getting up in the mid 90's or higher. He has noticed that store keepers react when he comes into their store while wearing it. Afraid that they are going to get robbed. They think it is body armor of a different type.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Cycle Gear sells the Bilt brand of the same shirt in the $40 range.
A lot of the sports bike riders use them in our hot humid summers!

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
SO is there a LINK for this???..

never mind, I found it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts