Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While breaking in the 400, it reminded me of my old XT350 with it's low frequency "thumping" vibration and mediocre acceleration. I finally passed the 1000 mile mark and decided to take it out on the highway to see what it could do. To my surprise, there was absolutely no noticable vibration and the acceleration was real good in the upper RPM range. I am really impressed what this little engine can do. I've owned many bikes over the years and this is the only one where the rearview mirrors were useful on the highway. Clear as a bell.

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), I am very happy. :D

·
Registered
30,278 Posts
Dennis,

Just curious...how fast did you take it up to?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billmeek said:
Just curious...how fast did you take it up to?
Mostly between 70/75 with brief stints up into the 80's.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
30MuleTeam wrote
I've owned many bikes over the years and this is the only one where the rearview mirrors were useful on the highway. Clear as a bell
It's funny you mentioning about the rear view mirrors, I have been taking them for granted all this time never even thinking about here is another item that works like it should,
seems on most of my other bikes there for show after you start the engine. :(

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah I concur,

The 400 is really smooth and I blasted it up to about 85 mph. I really like the way it handles as well at that speed. No uneasy wandering (long wheel base helps) and stable when leaned over. The motor is working though so I don't cruise at those speeds. It seems more suitable at 55-65 mph.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
Yeah I concur,

The 400 is really smooth and I blasted it up to about 85 mph. I really like the way it handles as well at that speed. No uneasy wandering (long wheel base helps) and stable when leaned over. The motor is working though so I don't cruise at those speeds. It seems more suitable at 55-65 mph.
Mmmm - I cruise at 80 (well 85+ indicated) - thats the traffic flow when the routes are clear. The engine sounds fine and I think they like to work! :evil:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Like Randy, I hadnt really noticed the rear view mirrors not vibratintg untill it was mentioned on this thread. Two Dual Sports and one other road machine I have owned all had the nervous rear view mirror syndrome, quivering almost to the point of being dangerous to rely on at certain speeds. This little burgy 400 is a smoothie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts