Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should be in The Tavern..

" The primary complaint about the Suzuki Burgman 400 has to do with its continuously variable transmission (CVT). According to affected users, major problems in this part can occur as early as 1,000 miles. This leads plenty of people to believe that maybe Suzuki is not yet ready for this kind of transmission judging from the way it's designed. "
:ROFLMAO:

The way it was designed - 2007 - 2010. Come on Suzuki, get your act together. ;)

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
In the conclusion the author calls it a "faulty" transmission, "faulty" clutch bell, known problems, electrical problems among other known problems. Using the word "faulty" doesn't leave much wiggle room for survival. It puts fear and doubt in the mind of the reader. Gosh, I'd avoid it like the plague after reading that with no other source for comparison. This article is a "spiced truth". Yes, there are those that have had issues...but how many have performed the simple proper maintenance items as fluids and filters and how many have used the CORRECT fluids and levels and how many have performed any maintenance just fill up with fuel and twist the throttle. Judging from the articles posted here with the mid to high mileage bikes it seems that most have been neglected, which in turn causes greater issues. Machines need to be properly maintained. Probably a good high mileage story for every bad luck story. Interesting article.

Then again it was on the internet, the gold standard for truth.

·
Super Moderator
6,044 Posts
Erm, I have questions...

”CVT slippage can be caused by a lot of things, including low fluid levels, dirty fluid”
I would have thought any fluid at all would be the problem.

Bio says: “I have owned over 20 vehicles and have conducted major maintenance services by myself, so I practically know what I’m talking about.” I’m guessing if that is true, a Burgman wasn’t one of them - but it’ll keep the advertising money coming in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts