Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
explicit content, pretty hard crashes, I didn't want to ride for a few hours after watching this.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Fernando...........Just my opinion from watching that video - BUT - 95% OF THOSE M/C CRASHES were caused by the riders themselves - What we call an " at fault" accident!! You cannot ride like a maniac and think that you and your nifty bike are invincible....because as the video shows..............THEY ARE - NOT!

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Darwinism in action.:);)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I've seen a bunch of Euro videos of lane splitting and, IMHO, insane motorcycle riding. I guess not all of them are lucky.

I'll ride to survive.

·
Registered
302 Posts
In most of those cases I would have to say that the motorcycle rider was not only going too fast, but he also was not riding defensively. Driving like a bat out of **** only sends you there faster!

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts
The reason there are 1000's of vid's coming out of Russia is that the Scam's going on. The two drivers working together, one pulls in front of you, then the second one jams in front of the first one causing him to slam on the brakes and you plow them causing "INJURY'S" and they sue you. So to fight this, it is very common now to mount cameras on your dash.

The side benefit is when one of these other crashes happen, you have caught it and can now post it on the web.

About 8 years ago my buddy was driving a Simi Tanker full of grape juice on I-5 in southern Calf. The first car dipped in front and within seconds the second one followed. Then the second car slammed on the brakes, followed by the first one and the truck crushed both cars flat. There were 5 Mexicans in the first car and 4 in the second. They all thought it would just be a simple smash and cash. All 9 died at the site.

A tanker has slosh effect even with baffles inside. When a driver slams on the Simi's brakes, all that fluid rushes forward making the truck hard to handle, then it sloshes backwards removing weight from the front tires causing them to skid, then the fluid comes back forward and the truck can not stop.

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
Well if any of those riders in that video were part of a scam - guess who really got scammed?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fernando...........Just my opinion from watching that video - BUT - 95% OF THOSE M/C CRASHES were caused by the riders themselves - What we call an " at fault" accident!! You cannot ride like a maniac and think that you and your nifty bike are invincible....because as the video shows..............THEY ARE - NOT!
that's what i said, most of the crashes here are mainly caused by the motorcycle driver.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts