Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought my first bottle of "Kirkland" brand of Kentucky Straight Bourbon. Its 103 Proof and very smooth. This bottle will last me for about a month or more so NO I don't drink to get drunk, just the smooth burn of bourbon. I am a Wild Turkey or Old Grand Dad drinker. Jack or Beam will also please the tongue but not any Scotch, Irish or Canadian, sorry. I got sick on some Thailand Mekhong that was poisoned so I can not touch that stuff ether.

But hey, I like a nice Antique Tawny Port or Dry Cream Sherry too. :thumbup Our friends from Down Under have a nice one and I have had a few bottles of it: http://www.allstarwine.com/yalumba-muse ... &zmap=1196 .

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Dave,
Try some Elijah Craig, single barrel bourbon, very very smoooooth. We got a bottle as a gift, so I have not bought a bottle, but my guess is that it is not cheap! Also, Woodford Reserve is very smooth also! Great stuff to sit back, sip and relax.
Enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have had them too and like you said, not inexpensive by any means. I try to stay in the $30 per Liter range. I can go to the military base's Class 6 store but its 35 miles away and the savings are only about $5 or so.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
We save those two for "special occasions" as they are steep on the price scale and use Jack Daniels Black for the more frequent drink with some ice and a bit of water, the others only see extra water from the melting ice.
Cheers!

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wes_Ingram said:
We save those two for "special occasions" as they are steep on the price scale and use Jack Daniels Black for the more frequent drink with some ice and a bit of water, the others only see extra water from the melting ice.
Cheers!
OHHH, WATER AND ICE, GADS NO. :D

I drink room temp and neat. :D I have been know to store the bottle in the Frig. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Dave_J said:
I have been know to store the bottle in the Frig. :thumbup:
Hey...that's where I keep my Dr Pepper !!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Try a good quality mexican tequila...............OMG!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
8,167 Posts
and give up my barqs root beer ???? never !

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dave_J said:
[quote="Wes_Ingram":1t8h4zi9]We save those two for "special occasions" as they are steep on the price scale and use Jack Daniels Black for the more frequent drink with some ice and a bit of water, the others only see extra water from the melting ice.
Cheers!
OHHH, WATER AND ICE, GADS NO. :D

I drink room temp and neat. :D I have been know to store the bottle in the Frig. :thumbup:[/quote:1t8h4zi9]
They have these things called "Wiskey Stones" Granite blocks you put in the freezer to chill your libation. Make mine a single malt - Scots or Irish preferred.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
When I was stationed in England, I got very selective on my Scotch. I could tell the difference between Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Chivas Regal, Johnny Walker Black and Red. And since I worked in aircraft maintenance and we had flights going everywhere through Europe, I'd ask someone to do me a favor and pick up a bottle of the Glenlivet, which I liked the best. It was dirt cheap that way, and I acquired expensive tastes. :roll:

Then reality came and I was transferred to Griffiss AFB in Upstate New York. All that went away as I had to pay full price. Now I buy the cheap stuff. :lol:

My latest surprise has been the Kirkland Spiced Rum. Wow! Smooth. Let's just say I like it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
8,167 Posts
They have these things called "Wiskey Stones" Granite blocks you put in the freezer to chill your libation. Make mine a single malt - Scots or Irish preferred.[/quote]

my grandfather had some of those , they had channels in the side called "lick marks" and I think my grandma was going to carve him out some new ones cause she was always talking about cuttin off his "whiskey stones in his sleep"

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
When I was stationed in England, wine was cheap. If you spent more than $2 for a bottle, you were trying to impress someone. So after a couple years, I went back to the states for Squadron Officers School. I spent 3 months there and got used to the "land of the big BX". When I finished, I went back to England and my next door neighbors had me over for dinner since my wife was still back in the states. Ruth asked John (the neighbors) to get some red wine for what she was cooking. He came back with a bottle of Lancers. I just about jumped out of the chair, thinking there must be something less expensive to use. :shock: Then I realized it wasn't $4.50 a bottle, but $1.40. :oops: Now to get the prices into perspective, this was back in about 1980, so $4.50 was a fair amount for a bottle of wine. The Lancers was probably the cheapest thing you could buy at the liquor store.

Chris

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Houndguy said:
Am I the only beer drinker here?

Although I don't mind a good bottle of wine now and again. :tshirt:
Oh, yes I drink beer. Liquid Bread. Bellingham WA's Boundary Bay Oatmeal Stout is like drinking bread. http://www.bbaybrewery.com/ Mostly stouts, lagers and pilsner . Served at 39 to 47 degrees F. Any colder and its tasteless and any warmer and the carbonation causes foam. Dinkel Acker Cd-Pils from Stuttgart and Schlossquell Pils from Heidelberg Germany are two of my favs along with Pilsner Urquell. But all the stuff imported is pasteurized to death. I drink Boston Lager and Red Hook ESB at times and Kokanee Gold Amber when I can find it. I try to stay away from the over Hopped Ale crap. Hops can cover up what the beer is made of, grains. And any RICE beers, like Budweiser, is good for washing my feet in. :puke:

And wines are great too. I have a 1.5 l bottle of (Calif) aged in an oak barrel 10 year old Muscatel in the fridge, sweet and sassy. Most Muscat grapes are grown over seas and used to make many different Moscato wines, Brandy's, Sherry's and Champagne.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Costco branding whiskey...gotta love it! :lol:
I quit drinking in 1987 after a halloween night at a trade show hospitality suite that put me in the hospital with alcohol poisoning.
Dam trade show parties.....and I used to love my sippin whiskey. :roll:
I wonder if the Colorado Costco's will start branding pot? Kirkland Kanibus, sold only in large sizes. :blackeye:

·
Administrator
18,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Steve, Taco Del Mar had a bumper sticker like this Tee shirt.

[attachment=1:17mcvbng]Roll a fat one.jpg[/attachment:17mcvbng]

[attachment=0:17mcvbng]Roll a fat one 2.jpg[/attachment:17mcvbng]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts