Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the SCRC that I ride with in my area is mostly Harleys & Metric cruisers... although we do get lo-riders with ape hangers and other custom bikes. Anyway, when I first joined it was as anyone would've suspected but being with the group for 6 months now, I'm just one of the group. To make a long story short... some of the riders are getting into fights as to who gets to ride behind me! Why? Its quiet!! Many people with radios or mp3 players can't hear anything when they're behind someone with loud pipes. Thought I'd share that.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Amen!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have always wanted the quietest bike possible...as mentioned above, for me the loud noise would spoil a great backroad ride. From my point of view, those that purchase the loud bikes like it primarily for the "I want attention-I'm kinda cool" factor. I suppose that has its place, but not on a beautiful scenic road. Guess that's why we need more than one bike in our stable :mrgreen: ....

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I am not one of the "ghost riders". :p I need a nice mellow exhaust note when I ride. The factory whisper didn't work for me. The pipe I have isn't overly loud, but it sounds nice. Lends a bit of character to the scoot. And that will be one of the first things I "fix" when I buy my next one too.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Easily solved Chuck! You lead the ride and then everyone is behind you 8)

I too love the stealthiness of the Burgman.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Motorcycles at MinnMax

We allow motorcycle riders to join our maxiscooter rides at Minn-Max, but we have a rule that they are to ride in the rear of the formation to reduce the noise for the rest of us. We also have a rule that 2-Stroke scoots & cycles also have to ride to the rear of the formation. That is more about the blue oil smoke though. :wink:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Adam,

So do the that 2-stroke scoots get stuck with the noise or do the regular bikes get to suck blue smoke? :p

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: Motorcycles at MinnMax

minnmax said:
We also have a rule that 2-Stroke scoots & cycles also have to ride to the rear of the formation. That is more about the blue oil smoke though. :wink:
Why does everyone always pick on us poor little 2-strokes? :( You wouldn't have to worry about the smoke if they would just use a better oil, like Amsoil or ScootCity's 2T strawberry oil!! J/K. I don't blame you really, the noise from a 2-stroke can almost be as annoying as a big V-Twin sometimes!! :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
allwalk said:
Easily solved Chuck! You lead the ride and then everyone is behind you 8)
I'll go along with that :lol: Its one thing to be a member of the group 8) but quite another to have a scooter leading a bunch of HD's & Metric Cruisers! Don't think it'll happen :roll:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Why not Chuck? It's happened up here. We have group up here that meets for rides and most of the participants are sportbikes. I have lead close to 20 bikes on 2 different occassions.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
allwalk said:
Why not Chuck? It's happened up here. We have group up here that meets for rides and most of the participants are sportbikes. I have lead close to 20 bikes on 2 different occassions.
No sportbikes in this group... but I've led small rides from the group (and I do mean small - me and 2 others). So yeah, smaller rides could happen and gradually lead up to larger numbers. Actually I could see it happening during non-scheduled group rides (scheduled rides average 20+ bikes). You'd be suprised how many of them don't want to lead but love to follow!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Re: Motorcycles at MinnMax

minnmax said:
We allow motorcycle riders to join our maxiscooter rides at Minn-Max, but we have a rule that they are to ride in the rear of the formation to reduce the noise for the rest of us. We also have a rule that 2-Stroke scoots & cycles also have to ride to the rear of the formation. That is more about the blue oil smoke though. :wink:
Don't the two stroke scoots have trouble keeping up with the maxiscoots and motorcycles?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts