·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's the right one for Burgmanmaniac

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That's hilarious!

That poor couple... Boy the woman just blew! There is lot of pent up anger and frustration, right there. Don't blame her though, that's a lot of customization and money. I'm sure they're not getting nearly what he put in to it.

Hope she gets the kitchen she's always wanted.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That's the right one for Burgmanmaniac
Na, He'd be worried about ground clearance in turns. Lol.

Just having' some fun, Maniac. :D

·
Registered
753 Posts
Wow! I have always wanted a bike that needed a $300 tire every 1,000 miles! ;)

What that would be serious fun to someone that was seriously wealthy or perhaps seriously insane (Jay Leno perhaps?) something like that would never be occupying space in my too tight already garage.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were 30 again and had this bike, I would keep it and gladly put the wife on EBay! :cool:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I owned a Standard Triumph Rocket, and with the measly 147bhp as standard it was as mad as a Box of Frogs :)
God knows what its like with 300 bhp :eek:

Andy

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
That's like in that old movie of Ghost Rider :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
lol. this ad just made my day!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Quotes: Female comments welcome. :mad: and If I were 30 again and had this bike, I would keep it and gladly put the wife on EBay! :cool:

Okay, one Female coming up. I think her comments were hilarious, but seriously wonder about her husband's well being. Love her ending and the last question and answer from her.

Nobody has messaged me for the imbecile’s phone number yet but I'm pleased with the way the bidding is going boys! Alison x

Q: Hi Alison, do you have any good pic's of you on the bike in scantily clad clothing? It would really help with my understanding on how I would use shch a beast...Jus saying ;0))
A: Straight Karl? Are you sure? Texas .... Isn't that the place with all the steers and fears? Don't be so sexist Karl, it doesn't suit you.

And Peelbrow, be careful for what you wish for: If I were 30 again and had this bike, I would keep it and gladly put the wife on EBay! :cool:
And a follow up with an ad for your Burgman on ebay from your wife.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've been thinking about a new tag line highlighting the fact that Burgman owners don't play into the bigger is best attitude...

Burgman... For those who don't need to compensate.

Lol. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quotes: Peelbrow, be careful for what you wish for: "If I were 30 again and had this bike, I would keep it and gladly put the wife on EBay!"

And a follow up with an ad for your Burgman on ebay from your wife.
My dear Ms Flinthills, were I once again at a man's best age of 30-35 (and with the mind-set I had at that time) I would not even consider a Burgman. ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My dear Ms Flinthills, were I once again at a man's best age of 30-35 (and with the mind-set I had at that time) I would not even consider a Burgman. ;)
Huh, I got my first maxi-scooter at 32, during my "best" years. I guess I missed the "need to own an obnoxious bike" stage. Oh well, I've always been a bit ahead of the curve.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Huh, I got my first maxi-scooter at 32, during my "best" years. I guess I missed the "need to own an obnoxious bike" stage. Oh well, I've always been a bit ahead of the curve.
I had that phase when I was aged 24. Here is a picture of my scooter (Dayton Albatross, Villiers 250cc 2-stroke twin engine) which I road 2-up with my first wife from Calais to Barcelona in 1962. (it's not the actual bike but it is similar in all respects including colour) I did the same trip again in 1966 but this time with a 1964 600cc Reliant 3-wheeler van. :mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I had that phase when I was aged 24. Here is a picture of my scooter (Dayton Albatross, Villiers 250cc 2-stroke twin engine) which I road 2-up with my first wife from Calais to Barcelona in 1962. (it's not the actual bike but it is similar in all respects including colour) I did the same trip again in 1966 but this time with a 1964 600cc Reliant 3-wheeler van. :mad:
Then why on earth did you write that you would not have "even considered" a Burgman during your "best" years? That's very confusing.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Then why on earth did you write that you would not have "even considered" a Burgman during your "best" years? That's very confusing.
It's not at all confusing - My best years were in my 30's, as it is (IMHO) for all men because by then you've "done it all" and do not usually suffer fools gladly. :cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It's not at all confusing - My best years were in my 30's, as it is (IMHO) for all men because by then you've "done it all" and do not usually suffer fools gladly. :cool:
"My dear Ms Flinthills, were I once again at a man's best age of 30-35 (and with the mind-set I had at that time) I would not even consider a Burgman."

That sentence READS as if you would not have considered ever getting a burgman during your best ages from 30-35.

But then you wrote you owned a scooter in your younger years and travelled quite extensively on it.

I'm confused by those two somewhat opposite statements. Why would it be okay to ride a scooter in your 20s, but not even consider a Burgman in your 30s? Did you intend to mean something else?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"My dear Ms Flinthills, were I once again at a man's best age of 30-35 (and with the mind-set I had at that time) I would not even consider a Burgman."

That sentence READS as if you would not have considered ever getting a burgman during your best ages from 30-35.

But then you wrote you owned a scooter in your younger years and travelled quite extensively on it.

I'm confused by those two somewhat opposite statements. Why would it be okay to ride a scooter in your 20s, but not even consider a Burgman in your 30s? Did you intend to mean something else?
My best years (30 -35) were when I was at my best regarding my fitness, skill and knowledge of riding a motorbike, and that was when I was more interested in bikes like the Triumph Bonneville, BSA Gold Flash and especially the Vincent Black shadow. Scooters like the Dayton Albatross(and the Lambretta and Vespa which I also had in my 20's) didn't enter into it because they were in my past and there were far more exciting bikes to think about. It is only as recent as 2010 in Spain that I became aware of the Burgman and how returning to a scooter once again would suit me now as a BOF - and this it certainly does. I still have the skill and (far more) knowledge, but not the fitness. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

·
Registered
182 Posts
When the wife is finished pimping the lounge, the hubby will have the right to sell the house, find the guy that bought his Rocket III and get it back.. (That is after the divorce, alimony, child support and legal fees are paid)

It is true what they say.... "Many a wife or girlfriend has ruined a good biker"

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When the wife is finished pimping the lounge, the hubby will have the right to sell the house, find the guy that bought his Rocket III and get it back.
Yeah, and then get a great-looking girl to ride pillion - there are plenty out there who would delight at the chance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts