Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am in Kelowna BC. Met my youngest sister and her hubby and one of her daughters for dinner. Her other daughter came to say hi but then had to leave, she has to get up at 4am for work. So does Mandy but she stayed for dinner and chat with me.
Put half a tank of gas in for $9.00 at Victoria,(had half a tank in there already) then another $9.80 in gas (half a tank) at Hope and am on empty right now. The mileage in kms so far is just over 480kms from 0 at home. So calculated that per tank of gas ($19.00) (14 litre tank) I am getting 320kms. I was travelling at mainly 100-110kms speed with the occasional blip up to 120kms. The scooter just handles everything no problem. Lost bar end weight somewhere between Merrit and Kelowna, just noticed it when I stopped in Westbank to call my sister. No big deal though it is not needed to run the scooter. Will see how much another set is in Calgary, no tax there so cheaper to buy there. Cheers Sally.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Check Ebay for bar end weights...
Manic Salamanders
they don't come loose.
I bought the stainless steel type.
Much cheaper then OEM.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, started to have flashbacks of being called in grade school class for solving difficult math word problems...

"Now if Sally had half a tank of gas and she filled up the other half for $9, then rode 240 metric kilometers starting at 4am and used 2/3 of a tank at an average speed of 120 kph on her journey, then what would be the median..." Etc, etc... Lol, :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
How many yards to an imperial kilometer? 960 ?
Its just a joke. I believe one imperial joke = 1/3 of a metric joke. You just need a couple more to get it. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
sounds like a fun ride Sally :)

From Nanaimo here, lots of family in Alberia :) I grew up near Edm :)

I found I can get just about the same distance from my 650 right about 320km full to dry.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If you have time, from Kelowna the best way to come to Calgary is from Vernon east across the Monashees (BC6) to Nakusp, then across to New Denver and Kaslo, down the lake to the Balfour ferry, then south through Creston to Cranbrook. We stay at the Model A Inn in Cranbrook. Then, depending on weather, either up through Radium to Castle Mountain or through Crowsnest and north on either AB 22 or AB 2. AB 2 is a superslab where everyone drives fast and loose. AB22 is nicer, but prone to extreme weather. Watch out for hail this time of year, especially in the late afternoon.

I'd invite you for a visit, but we are heading out again on Friday (this time, back to Victoria!).

Ride safe
Scott Fraser

1 - 7 of 7 Posts