Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
It's just ole Farmer here, thinking about stepping over from a GL 1800 to a Bergman. I bought a lil ole Honda Helix last week to ride around local and keep miles off of the wing and wow, I got to liking the scooter.
I figure if 250 does good then a 400 or a 650 should do Great?? Anyhow, I'm gonna post on it and I hope to get a lot of info to help me make the decision. See you over there,
Farmer

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome, Farmer!

Ah, another GL1800 rider to a scooter rider. Happens all the time. A couple of years ago after buying my GL1800 I started thinking that it would be nice to have something for the shorter rides. I already had my Honda PC800 but I wanted something a bit more cushy and modern. I really wanted a big scooter of some sort and I wanted the 650 Burgman most of all. Long story short, I found a 2007 Executive with only 3500 miles on it. The guy was asking $4000 for it but said that if I had the cash today I could have it for $3500. I got the cash and it became mine.

I made a few changed on it mostly to suit me- different seat, Givi box, taller windshield, heated grips. Electronic cruise control just a couple weeks ago. Now, my Goldwing thinks it is invisible. Unless I am going on more than a 200 mile ride the Burgman gets pushed out of the garage first. A 600 lb scooter feels almost svelte compared to a 900+ lb Goldwing. I just see no reason to muscle around that big Honda if I dont have to. Yeah, the GL1800 has its GPS and the satellite radio but I dont need that stuff for a 4 hour ride. What I need and demand is comfort and fun. Power enough for a freeway jaunt if I want too. My Burgman gives me all that and much more.

No, the Goldwing aint invisible, but now I dont have to worry about putting too many miles on it as I once was. Not as long as I have my neato Burgman to ride around anyway.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I too plan on switching from my 1800 Gold Wing to a new Burgman 650 sometime this Spring/Summer. I have a Vespa GTS 250ie, which is more enjoyable for short rides.

My plan is to downsize, buy the new Burgman, then sell the Gold Wing and Vespa, or may just trade the Gold Wing in on the Burgman, but dealers are hesitant yo take the Wing on trade, since it's worth more than a new Burgman.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha Ha,
Yes Rustydust, That is exactly why I got the little Helix, to run into town and about and keep miles off of the GW-- at $3500 you came out ok on that deal!

gec343,
I figure that if I do decide to go 100% Bergman, I will have to do the same thing too. I figure they would want to rob somebody wanting to trade lol

Farmer

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It will save people asking if you put your location in your profile/signature line like you see others have done.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
First off welcome.
Before I bought my 400 I tested several different 125 and 250cc bikes/scoots. My 400 is much more than any 125 but not a lot more than a 250, power wise that is. Since you are going from a GW, the 650 Burg might be a better fit for you especially if you do highway trips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts