Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to find a new burg, but found a few.......advice requested.

I'm hunting for my first burg and have a couple of questions. One dealer tells me, I can have a 400 for $25 over employee pricing.....$5,069 plus destination and assembly charges which are $625 and $650 respectfully. In other words, $6,344.......destination and assembly charges seem kind of high, it sounds like a discount and fat add ons. Are those charges reasonable?

I called another dealer and he has a '05 650 demo with 100 miles on it with a minor scuff on the fairing but offer to replace the fairing. He's offering it up for $6,999, is that a reasonable offer?

BTW, my 12 year old son had to do a timeline for school this weekend. He did a timeline on the scooter, proudly presenting the Burgman as the ultimate scooter at the end of the timeline, hehe!

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't know how bad the scuff is that the dealer would offer to change the fairing. But, if the burgman is solid and clean, it would be a reasonable price to start negotiations.

There was a used 400 for sale at a local Albuquerque dealer for 4500.
The dealers name is R&S.
http://www.teamrands.com/pre_owned_list.asp?page=4

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mysteryfan, don't know where you are, but I bought my 05 Burgman 650, brand new in June for $6950 including all dealer fees. The only add ons were tax, title and license. Had .04 mile on it. Maybe now as they are becoming scarce the prices are going up. Don't know. Good luck

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mysteryfan,

First of all, Welcome to BurgmanUSA :wave:

Next, the price you were quoted for the 400 is way too high. You should be able to get it for the asking price, $5069 plus tax and title. The other two items you were quoted; destination and assembly are just added profit for the dealer. I got a new 400 in June for just over $5300 OTD.

Good Luck in your search.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mysterfan,
I don't know your location, so it's hard to tell you about a good price. Bought a new 400, in May for $5200 pls TTL in Alabama. The further west you go the more the price rises with the exception of some dealer in Oklahoma. There are a lot of dealers around that sell at retail and no additional set up fees just ttl. Another dealer had a new 650 for $6895 plus ttl in Alabama. Check online like cycletrader. A lot of dealers advertise new scooters.

ABQ,
Knowing R&S that must be a 2 year old 400. Never could make a deal with them on 4 MC's when I lived there. If you need another Suzuki or Kawasaki check out Southwest Suzuki in Alamogordo. Dave makes the best deal in N.M.

Rick

·
Registered
58 Posts
400 PRICE

HELLO In Ohio[Maumee] AutoTrader.com -400 Burg 4899.I assume you need to add tax title.877-431631--COLUMBUS,OH 2004=4200 877-265-3006--GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hmm....seems I saw that one of our members has a 05 Burgman for sale, and he lives in Atlanta, IIRC. Can't remember the price offhand, but if you check the 'Classifieds" forum, you'll find it there, I'm sure.

And yeah, I've noticed that the '05s are becoming harder to find locally. I found one, and I'm going to talk to the sales guy today and see what he can do for me. I want the bike, but...I'm not going to in there salivating. I save that for ladies and computers. :wink:

Best of luck!

MV

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
The destination and assembly charges are way high. Just bought a new 650 in Plano Texas, the dealer would only come 5% down off sticker price but there were no destination chages and only $280 for assembly and setup.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome Mysteryfan! :D

I'n not too far from you, just across the line and a bit south..

The 400 is too high.

The 650 is a good price without hidden charges out-the-door (O.T.D.)
If it were ME I'd bargain it to that price (OTD)and replace the tupperware myself (if unsightly enough), otherwise I'd just leave it a while.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
mysteryfan

You need to find a private party sale as others have stated or a "dealer" not a "stealer".
$25 over employee pricing
give me a break :lol: :lol:

Kelly Blue Book as of 8-30-2005
2005 Suzuki AN650 Burgman
2-Cylinder
4-Stroke
638cc

Suggested Retail Value $5780

The Kelley Blue Book Suggested Retail Value is representative of dealers' asking prices and is the starting point for negotiation between a consumer and a dealer. This Suggested Retail Value assumes that the unit has been fully reconditioned and is in excellent condition. Mileage/condition and additional equipment may have a substantial impact on the value shown above. This value also takes into account the dealers' profit, costs for advertising, sales commissions and other costs of doing business. The final sale price will likely be less depending on the unit's actual condition, popularity, type of warranty offered and local market conditions.
A 2005 is a One year old bike, and will be "used" the day you take title and therefore has a true value of a used one year old bike. Dealer prep and transportation fees are "One Time Only" for the initial buyer and should not be added to the buyers "COST". The used market is for the BIKE'S value not some inflated "TOTAL" someone actually paid.

Keep looking and be patient. They're out there. Hope you were able to keep dry and whole.

Bill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: 400 PRICE

L.SKULSKI said:
HELLO In Ohio[Maumee] AutoTrader.com -400 Burg 4899.I assume you need to add tax title.877-431631--COLUMBUS,OH 2004=4200 877-265-3006--GOOD LUCK
HondaEast in Maumee, not Columbus, had the 400 at that price. I was up there a week and a half ago and they were out of stock. The ad continues, however.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Despite that SRP I doubt you will find a `05 650 for under $6K. I think you would be lucky to find one under $6500. Of course the riding season is soon to be over for many so perhaps I am wrong!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I made some more calls searching for a 400 and the best I found was $5,399 plus $450 dealer add-ons.

While calling I came across several 650s, the best price I found was $6,650 plus $85 doc fee and taxes, the dealer is a little over a hundred miles away.

So, I decided to take the plunge and purchase the 650 which I should go pick up tomorrow, that is if I can afford the gasoline to drive to and from the dealer. I figured this is a deal I couldn't pass up.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
mysteryfan,

I noticed that you are in Monroe, how did ya'll fare in the storm? I know Monroe is quite a distance from Nawlins, but you had to have caught at least a piece of it.

Just wondering...

·
Registered
11 Posts
As of Monday, August 29: Maumee, Ohio, new Burgman 400, OTD $5504. Troy Honda Suzuki in South Dayton, Ohio, matched their price. Maumee is out of the one's advertised for $4900 (approx.), but they can get them from other dealers for the advertised price of $5099. That's what they quoted OTD for $5504.

Concerning the '04 400 for $4200 in Columbus, it's at a used motorcycle dealer. I looked at the bike last weekend. First I asked the salesman what the history was - he said it was traded in to a Goldwing. He didn't offer any other info. It was covered in dust. The brake fluid in the left brake assembly was not visible in the glass. The "change oil" light came on when the bike was started. I took it for a spin - didn't feel quite right. Upon closer inspection, I discovered gouges on the left mirror, left footpeg, and a couple of other spots. Upon getting back to the dealership, I told the salesman that this bike has been down, and asked him whether he knew that. He said yes, he did. I didn't bother asking why he didn't tell me that up front.

Mike

·
Registered
239 Posts
At this point in time I'm almost be inclined to Buy the First New One I could find at a Dealer at Whatever Price they Quoted.

I have a Feeling that:

1/Prices for Cycles are Going to go Through the Roof and people may end up paying "Sticker PLUS" just to get one.

2/Should a Severe Shortage of Bikes crop up the Factories will spit them out as Fast as Possible and Quality will Suffer Dramatically.

I'm Sorely Tempted to go Buy another 400 so I won't have to Feed the Truck and alternate between the rides....then I'd have one to ride if something happened to the other or I was waiting on parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wyldman said:
mysteryfan,

I noticed that you are in Monroe, how did ya'll fare in the storm? I know Monroe is quite a distance from Nawlins, but you had to have caught at least a piece of it.

Just wondering...
We were far enough away that we only got some 30mph winds, we lost power for about an hour, all is well here. My 23 yr old son, who lived in New Orleans is with us safely, but left with only a few shirts and an extra pair of pants.

I just got a call from the dealer, the salesman says they made a mistake. They are in Greenville, MS and have sold 60+ honda generator in the last two days and the price should have been $7,400, not $6,650. I think someone came in and wanted the 650 and was willing to pay up.
Not such a good deal now. But, I did have another dealer in Alexandria, Louisiana say I could get a 650 for $6,800. Still a decent deal. Looks like I'll be riding silver instead of blue.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Prices for Cycles are Going to go Through the Roof and people may end up paying "Sticker PLUS" just to get one.
Yeah; sales guy I was talking to today said that with the kind of mileage they get and with the prices for fuel the way they are, bikes of all kinds are going to be a popular item.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah; sales guy I was talking to today said that with the kind of mileage they get and with the prices for fuel the way they are, bikes of all kinds are going to be a popular item.
Remember when Hondas (Automobiles) first Graced our Shores...Waiting lists as long as a year and $2,000 over Sticker....on an $8,000 Car.

Similar thing happened with the Nissan Sentra when it was first introduced and the Prius Hybrid has been running as much as $5,000 over Sticker.

Dealers better be carefull though...eventually the Demand Falters and a more Normal Price Structure returns and People have LONG Memories about Gouging.

And I Still say the Day Harley Davidson introduces an Automatic Everyone Else will find themselves in Deep Sh(t!.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts