Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride with my riding group (Southern Cruisers) for Father's Day. Great Ride. They have their own forum, much like this one, where they talk about, plan, and other ride-related topics for our chapter. Understand that this group (with the exception of me) consists of cruisers - mostly Harley's & V-Stars. 18 bikes out on the ride today.

Well, because it was Father's Day, I had to peel out from the ride early (this was a 200+ mile ride). What that means is I had to get onto the freeway instead of staying on the great mountain roads we were on. What I didn't know is that someone else a few bikes back also cut out of the ride to get on the freeway too!

Well, later that night I get onto the forum only to see a flurry of messages... about ME! They just could not believe the speed of my 650! When I cut out to get onto the freeway, I took it from the leisurely group pace to full throttle! The guy who was behind me on the entrance (which I didn't find out about until I hit the forums later) is now posting (and I quote)... "If anyone has any question as to the speed of his (Chuck's) bike - despite its unorthodox looks - come talk to me". Turns out he was trying to catch up to me but just couldn't!

Thought I'd share that with y'all!!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The day is coming the 650 will be as "excepted" as any bike, based on it's merits. The classification of scooter meaning nothing. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
Hey Chuck sounds great. Me and my wife went on 2 runs this last weekend. Perfect weather, temp of 80, light winds, sunny sky, gobs of other bikes out.

The Sat Event was a Charity run for young girl with cancer. Total of 70 Bikes, mostly Harley crusers and Custom's (Very Custom) did about 110 miles with 7 stops. We rode in small groups, and at times alone. We meet up at the same places, and one thing was, they kept looking at us wondering why we were always there 1st. By evening, were were known as "scooter people" (Hmm, I always thought of myself as a 2 wheel enthusiast). NO negitive comments made by anyone, we have been around over a year doing this, with other groups, and feel accepted by most. It was a good time, with lots of storys about different long range road trips. Intrestingly, most others like to stop every 100-125 miles or so for a break. I guess we are all getting older (50+)

Sunday (Father's Day) was just us and or Son, riding his GSXR-600, Finishing up on one of the county's "quad county" Poker Run, another 7 stops and 140 miles.

Total was only about 380 miles, but we one the road 8 hrs. a day, for 2 day's. Practice I guess for later this year, when we hope to do another 1 week road trip.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Selias said:
Looked all over for the post, no joy.
How about a link? :)
I assume you're looking for a link to the post I mentioned? Wouldn't do you any good... it's a member-only forum; that's why I wrote the quote into the original post.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Well that figures. :roll:
So much for checking the Ventura/Thousand oaks, Los Angeles, and a few other Southern Cruiser forums for it! LOL

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We (SCRC) went for another ride - a 4th of July ride and "they're talkin' about me" again!! Here's a cut'n'paste from the latest (he wrote me):

----------------------------------------------

4797.27 in reply to 4797.24

Ya I wondered what happpened to you.... you sure you don't have a bottle of nitrus you're hidding...?? When you grabbed a handfull... I was impressed!! I will get in touch of an evening ride...

----------------------------------------------

In case you're wondering, the guy that wrote this drives a Suzuki V-Strom. Relatively new purchase for him. I was also equally impressed by his V-Strom, seems it can do pavement AND dirt!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts