Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The quasi motorcycle outlaws around here hate this thing.

They don't know what it is.

They get home,..tell their fat, tattoed woman,..

"I'm'own sale the Horley",

"Why?!", she asks.

"Wale,...an old man on a Vesper paist me tidday."

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice Corbin.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Yes the Harley boys lost the power wars to the sport bikes decades ago. Now, sadly, they're losing them to the scooters.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When I was running with the BMW crowd, we used to say you buy a BMW to ride somewhere. You buy a Harley to park somewhere.

·
Registered
132 Posts
unfortunately Consumer Reports rate the BMW lower than the Harley when it comes to maintenance. Of the top 5, Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, BMW, and Harley, the Yamaha is number one followed by Kawasaki then Honda. The bottom two are BMW and Harley. BMW took the downhill side when the BMW car division took over the manufacturing of BMW bikes in l999. How sad! My old boxer RT never broke down, even when it was 15 years old.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Perhaps Qwimbys statement referred to the riding prowess of the BMW over the Harley's rather than than the maintenance schedule. On a 500 mile trip, I know which one I would choose... Neither, I'd ride a burgman, even the 400 before either of those. But, between the two, BMW of course. The one time I rode a Harley, I needed dental work afterwards. :D

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I would so love a K1600 though.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would so love a K1600 though.
Eh, I'm done with such big bikes. To heavy, shifting, etc. The burg 650 is just fine for touring. The power is fun, but not necessary.

Didn't one member just write about riding with a couple beemers this weekend and felt he had the best ride? I'll stick with the Burgs.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Eh, I'm done with such big bikes. To heavy, shifting, etc. The burg 650 is just fine for touring. The power is fun, but not necessary.

Didn't one member just write about riding with a couple beemers this weekend and felt he had the best ride? I'll stick with the Burgs.
Never had a bigger bike and the K1600 has all one could need. Its what 100 lbs more than the 650 and my feet sit flat on the ground sitting on it. Only the money holds me back. I figure I've got about about $20K in all my Burgies.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
When I was running with the BMW crowd, we used to say you buy a BMW to ride somewhere. You buy a Harley to park somewhere.
When people asked me why I rode a BMW rather than a Harley, I simply said "Some people ride to look good while some of us ride to get there."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts