Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened going to work yesterday. I just got off the freeway and went to accelerate into traffic on my 2003 Burgman 650 and that sickening rev of the motor with no forward movement!! FI light came on and no go. I have only had her for 17 months but she does have nearly 40,000 miles on the clock, so I guess I wasn't entirely surprised. I had noticed some odd noises the past 6 months but kept hoping for the best!! Not sure what to do with the parts that still work??? Not a great way to start 2014 :sad1:

Michael

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry for your misfortune, there is plenty of info on this form that may help you to decide on what to do, and it may be possible to repair ...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
How many miles were on it when you bought it ? TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Give the FI Code: And We will See What it Saids

Elliott,

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Never fun to experience that scenario, but it is bound to happen sooner or later on most
650s, more so on the 03-04 models.

Hopefully it is just a broken belt and the primary pulley has not been damaged.

Check my burg man center if you are a DIYer, not that hard to make the repairs.

Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and the previous owner had about $2000 worth of work done on it 10 months prior, belt replacement included so I felt a little safer about buying it. I am not much of a DIY'er and I am not about to sink that much money into it.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had read that thread, I think my problem is much more serious. No forward motion at all and LOTS of nasty metallic grinding noises too :sad1:

Michael

·
Premium Member
14,260 Posts
Sounds like you have either broken a belt or since it is an 03 model striped the primary pulley adapter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts