Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wasn't very happy with the 21g rollers after a while, sorta killing performance on the freeway for passing and such. I don't have another 60 bucks to waste on another set of 18g sliders right now so instead I figured I'd give this a try and two days in so far I like it. It gives an interesting performance which improvement I wasn't expecting but like, when slowing to a stop they keep the revs just over 3000 until about 12mph when it lets go. Before with either the stock rollers or just sliders it would hang around 2500 till just under 20mph then let go. Also the freeway ride is quite good, you get the drop to 5200rpms at 70 indicated but a twist of the wrist puts it at 7000 in a hurry so you can get the passing power of the rollers but cruising RPM's of the sliders. I still will go full 18g sliders when these need replaced one day, but I am curious as to others reports on the downshift abilities of the 18g sliders. The 21g sliders offer none, you can go full throttle at 70 indicated and get maybe a 200rpm increase which gives you almost no passing power, especially on hills :(

I will keep this post updated after a full week goes by with this setup, but so far I am quite happy honestly and now I have 4 good sliders in the carton with 4 good rollers so my next change will be free :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yogurt i noticed this afternoon after steady freeway riding that the rollers rattle when the sliders open the variator. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything though. I am going to see how it holds up over the rest of the week and then a mountain ride this weekend.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almost has a hard time staying in overdrive if you give anymore than 40% throttle.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, its like getting the best out of both of them! I am really liking this more and more with each passing day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Around town it behaves more like it does with all rollers, except you get more aggressive downshifting when needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.