Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been working on fixing up my 04 this year both mechanically and appearance wise. I like a little bling with out going overboard and I just ran across this video by accident and thought I'd share it.

This guy has the same tastes as me when it comes to my overall goal of my finished product... a "mini Goldwing tourer".

Not to mention being my favorite Burg color, he has added lots of bling without making it too tacky IMO. Although there a few little things I consider "a little too much", I think this is nicely done!

The thing I like the best is what looks to me to be a genuine Harley top case (or a very nice clone) painted to match the bike.

I love this bike!

https://youtu.be/Xx6cIkjBPHo

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
what is that driver's backrest, looks like the guy made it. though he drilled the oem buttrest, the final product integrated into the bike design better than any other aftermarket option i've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I like the seat and speakers - but bike looks pretty ugly with all that chrome on it. Not really a fan of the luggage box either.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is that driver's backrest, looks like the guy made it. though he drilled the oem buttrest, the final product integrated into the bike design better than any other aftermarket option i've ever seen.
I thought the same thing, I wonder what he used.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
bike looks pretty ugly with all that chrome on it.
There are a few pcs of the chrome emblems I would remove.. like the oddball shaped pcs on the side of the fairing and side of the top case, maybe the eagles, the Burgman and Suzuki text on the glove box and rear of the top case are a little large but overall, I like a little chrome myself.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
you might want to look at this one. Both implementations have similarities.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well then! Now we know what Pee Wee Herman's scooter looks like!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree, it's definitely the same bike with more chrome. You can see the same guardian bell, same emblems, and same speakers..

I like it! :D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If it is the same bike, there's been more than additional chrome...completely different treatment of the highway pegs. If it is not the same bike, I'd certainly say the same guy did it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it is the same bike, there's been more than additional chrome...completely different treatment of the highway pegs. If it is not the same bike, I'd certainly say the same guy did it.
I figure the 1st peg job was pretty easy, then the guy (or 2nd owner) got bored and wanted to do it up nicer. I must say the way the pegs are installed on the other video is very nice. They are done in such a way they look like they belong more than the "bolt on" style in the vid on my post,

I never thought about adding pegs but I tell you what, if they were on mine I would use them. Even with my short inseam, I can't quite stretch my legs fully on long trips.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There are a few pcs of the chrome emblems I would remove.. like the oddball shaped pcs on the side of the fairing and side of the top case, maybe the eagles, the Burgman and Suzuki text on the glove box and rear of the top case are a little large but overall, I like a little chrome myself.
Chrome don't get you home :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Chrome looks good when I roam :)
I remember one time I was in some kind of truck parts store to get something - I don't remember what it was. But the guy asked me if I wanted the chrome version, or the powder-coat version. I said something along the lines of, "Well, considering that putting chrome on a vehicle is about the dumbest thing someone can do, unless they want to uglify it as much possible, I'll take the powder-coat version." Now, this was a private conversation, between me and the parts guy. Nevertheless, the Harley-looking dude behind me decided to chime in, "well, that's your fucking opinion!"

So, I hung out in the parking lot, just curious what he would come out with. Sure enough, some big-assed chrome part :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
putting chrome on a vehicle is about the dumbest thing someone can do, unless they want to uglify it as much possible, :)
I'm not sure I trust a guy that hates chrome that much... :D

I'm actually surprised by the amount of "anti chrome" comments I see on this forum. I thought everyone liked chrome. I think you guys are too hung up on keeping these plastic covered bikes looking like.. well.. "every other one out there".

I love the Burgs looks, that's why I got one. But I certainly admire all of the chromed out Harley's also.

I know many younger kids like to black out any shiny parts on their cars nowadays, but you'll never catch me making anything shiny....less shiny. ;)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm actually surprised by the amount of "anti chrome" comments I see on this forum. I thought everyone liked chrome.
I don't like chrome because it serves no purpose other than to "be flashy" - it has no real FUNCTION. I'm just not a flashy guy.

To me, the biggest sin on the highway is a Jeep with chrome on it - anywhere on it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have no problem with chrome and other embellishments, IF done tastefully and artistically--and more importantly minimally--by someone with appropriate design talent.

I.e. not just tacked on to up the "bling" factor. The owner of the 400 shown in YouTube video that started this thread has, IMHO, done just that. Just stuck on a bunch of aftermarket shiny stuff (and painted the muffler tip 'cause it would have cost real money to get a new on of those) and crossed the line from what works to what is ridiculous--like whatever that nonsense hanging off the fork sliders is.

That spiky medieval armor looking crap looks silly on a Harley, and just preposterous on a Burgman...

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Chrome is very nice when used skilfully and often sparingly. No plastic however good can give the design such a rich and tasteful touch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts