Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Kymco may put out the largest displacement scooter yet. I talked to the Kymco distributor, and he informed me that the next scooter in the works will be 700 cc's. I hope Suzuki steps up and produces at least a 750 before this is released. I love the Kymco brand, but I would much rather have a Burgman. But who knows, I may have to buy one just for fun.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I believe Kymco has the potential to be a major contender **IF** they can establish a sizeable dealer network. For anyone wishing to tour, a dealer network that is generously distributed throughout the country is very important. Just having dealers in a few major cities is not going to work. If they do actually come out with a good 750, that might entice some multi-brand dealerships around the country to take on the brand. I think they already have better offerings in the smaller scooters than the Japanese brands do.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've been waiting for about a year for the 500 cc model. They have had enough of a delay with it that I would nopt expect them to get another one out for quite a while.
At least I do have a Kymco dealer nearby but they are so small I hate to depend on them staying in bussiness. They do have a better warrenty & the local dealer has a much lower hourly shop rate than any other brand.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Eventually Kymco may offer a bigger scoot, but I've not been able to locate any information on it being in the works. I'd take anything said by a dealer with a grain of salt. Might he be confusing it with the upcoming Xciting 500?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billmeek said:
Eventually Kymco may offer a bigger scoot, but I've not been able to locate any information on it being in the works. I'd take anything said by a dealer with a grain of salt. Might he be confusing it with the upcoming Xciting 500?
The man i spoke to was no dealer, he is the president of STR Motorsports, the importer of Kymco in the U.S. Who knows, it may be several years before it is released, especially considering the problems they are having getting the Xciting 500 D.O.T. approved. I just thought I would pass on that bit of info to everyone. You won't find about the 700 for a while. Hopefully I will get some more info at the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis next month.

·
Registered
689 Posts
When I was in Tokyo two weeks ago, stopped at a local Suzuki dealer and had a chat with a salesman and he said that rumor has it that they are trying to fit this 900cc in the Burgman.

·
Registered
497 Posts
When I saw the G-Strider :D I even had dreams about it.
I wish they would greenlight it. Does anybody know the deal?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honda Griffon Scooter will be released on July 2005 as per the Japan Scooter magazine. So I guess the Suzuki G-Strider will be implemented on spring, 2006 or the end of 2005.

Honda Griffon Scooter

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
TaiwanSkywave said:
Honda Griffon Scooter will be released on July 2005 as per the Japan Scooter magazine. So I guess the Suzuki G-Strider will be implemented on spring, 2006 or the end of 2005.
I assume this would be in Japan only?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If we can't even get a T-Max, which has been in production for several years, I doubt we'll ever see the Griffon. But thats a beautiful machine and every young guy and gal under 75 will want one.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If they do offer it here at a half way reasonable price I'd be very interested in buying one.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Those don't do a thing for me. The utility and ease of use has been built right out of them. Watch, the next big hit on Discovery Channel - American Scooter.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
As Lycheed has said from time to time that the Asian market seems to be more about styling than functionallity. I like the looks of the Griffon but I don't think my passenger would like it as much as the Burgman. I also love the storage space on the Burgman. The Griffon, if it ever comes to our shores will be more popular with the younger crowd who have a fear of there product being called a scooter. It''s definetely a cross between a sportbike and a scooter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts