Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I echo ksmalls sentiments. I have the XL and it is a world of difference. I don't mind looking through it either and it is more than made up by the reduced noise. I think this is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have had a couple days now to ride with my new Clearview XL. There is a world of diffrence between the XL and the stock shield.

I am 5'8", so with the XL I am looking thru the shield, instead of over it....which I don't find to be a problem. If you prefer to look over, get the large screen.

Installation took about 15 minutes and the instructions emailed to me by Clearview were helpful. The one small problem I had was the screen must be flexed a little to get the screws in the holes. So if you are not careful, it will push the rubber grommets thru the mounting plate.....Minor....The screen is a little thicker than stock. When I tried to mount the fascia plate back on, I wasn't sure that the clips were catching on the bottom. Once on tho, it would not move.

All wind has been removed from the hands and wind noise around the helmet is 90% gone. Without all the wind noise, I had to catch myself from going to fast. I was up to 75 mph without realizing it, which is a testament to the smoothness of this machine. With the XL, I can actually hear the engine and it purrs like a cat.

I did notice some increased push on the back of my head. But that's also at increased speeds

All in all....it's is well worth the money......I will try to post a photo of the XL and stock together to show the difference in size.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank's for the info. I am the same heigth and want the wind off
me. Right now with the stock shield I'm getting hit in the forehead. I was not sure what size to get....I know what to order now.

How long did it take to receive after ordering?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Apparently not. I just ordered one a couple of days ago and they told me it would be a three week wait.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I live in the UK, and the clearview looks like the screen for me :)
I saw a recent post that gave a Website address, but it is way out of date and did'nt even list the Burgman :(
Is there a Website I can order the screen from, who ship to yhe UK?

Andy

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
As far as I know, Clearview screens are only directly marketed by Clearview. There is an email address on that website. [email protected]
Try emailing them regarding your needs and questions. They are very responsive to customer support.

It is not just Clearview - I've found that many motorcycle website lag behind actual developments, especially with regard to a newer machine like the Burgman. In that case, I've usually used the email approach.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just some more info on the clearview screen. Received mine about 2 wks ago and have good things to report. It does a great job of directing the wind flow both up and farther out from the sides. Much smoother air flow and quieter. The first thing I noticed was the soft drone of the engine in place of all the buffeting noise that accompanied the origingal suz. screen. Yesterday, I gave it a try with my open face helmet...and it was actually quieter than the original screen with a full-face helmet on! I think that it also looks good and fits the Burg well. The only negative so far is the continuation of back wind pressure, but it's not much different than it was with the original screen. I'm 5' 8" and although clearview recommended the large, I opted for the medium. For me, the medium is the best height as I can still see over the top. The large (1" taller) would have been in my line of sight.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have added some photos to the gallery" Clearview and other mods". one shows the height difference between the XL and stock. The others are some mods I did while I had the front off to replace my left mirror. The mud flap is from Drag Specialties and I put some window screening over the stock radiator screen to give it some extra protection from small rocks. The screen is black alum window screening cut about 1/2 inch larger, then folded over.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
ksmall1998 said:
I have added some photos to the gallery" Clearview and other mods". one shows the height difference between the XL and stock. The others are some mods I did while I had the front off to replace my left mirror. The mud flap is from Drag Specialties and I put some window screening over the stock radiator screen to give it some extra protection from small rocks. The screen is black alum window screening cut about 1/2 inch larger, then folded over.
I like the screen idea. I am going to do the spark plugs today and since I'm in there I might as well do your mod as well. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clearview screen

Does anyone have the Light Gray Tint screen. I have the silver 650. Will loose 15 % visibility acording to sales. Any opinions?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
My preference is a clear windscreen, and a light smoke tint on my Helmet face shield. I have a Shoei helmet, so the face shields are easy to change - but I leave the tinted one on it most of the time.

Easier (and less expensive) to change a face shield than a windscreen...

·
Registered
8 Posts
clearview windshield

I am nixing the gray tint. next question is what size. I am 5.8. Clearview recomended the medium. I am looking at future to also install the new corbin seat. Specks on it is 31 inches tall compared to 29 on present stock seat. Previous post same size recomended large. Rider went with medium. This is my first bike and have no clue about over or under windshield. I do know that now i have a lot of wind noise in my 3/4 HJC helment.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: clearview windshield

RATMAN said:
I am nixing the gray tint. next question is what size. I am 5.8. Clearview recomended the medium. I am looking at future to also install the new corbin seat. Specks on it is 31 inches tall compared to 29 on present stock seat. Previous post same size recomended large. Rider went with medium. This is my first bike and have no clue about over or under windshield. I do know that now i have a lot of wind noise in my 3/4 HJC helment.
Ratman,

You want to be able to see over the windscreen. It is a safety issue. If you get caught in rain, or if the shield fogs, you could find yourself flying blind if you have to look through it. My HJC full face was very noisy too with the stock screen. You might want to read the product review I just posted on the Shoei Z-Two. A better helmet (not necessarily the Z-two) can help a lot with reducing wind noise. Some riders wear earplugs, but I prefer not to. If the screen fits so that your eyes are only an inch or so higher than the screen, your current helmet might be OK though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
New Clearview

I rode to work today with the new Clearview that I recieved on Wednesday after a 3 week wait. I ordered the XXL. I am 6'0 tall but have short legs(30" inseam). I had a Givi which is a great screen but I still had maddening wind noise. Better than stock but "not the ticket". I have to look through the Clearview which will be a minor adjustment. I fully apreciate the safety aspect of looking over the screen but whatever the deal is with the Burgers aero's, the wind noise at highway speeds is just a pain that seriously diminishes my desire to ride the bike at highway speeds. Looking through the screen almost seems necessary to divert the wind over my helmet. Since I am in AZ there is little rain and fog.
Also I ditched the Clearview mounting hardware. I used their screws however to pull the rubber Suzuki mounts through the smaller Clearview holes and then mounted the screw using all the stock hardware.
One more thing about the Clearview is that it does not "bend" down at highway speeds like the Givi does. All in all the Clearview fits me almost perfectly. The Givi is great shield also but only comes in one size. If that one size is the size you need, I will be posting my lightly used one in the classified section soon.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: New Clearview

jas340 said:
One more thing about the Clearview is that it does not "bend" down at highway speeds like the Givi does.
You are right! And that was the main thing that bothered me about the Givi when I had mine.

The main thing that bothers me about the Clearview XXL is that it cost me 5-8 mpg versus the stock screen. Its not so much the cost of the gas, but with only a 4 gallon tank that is 20-30 miles of lost range. So for the time being, I'm riding with my stock screen again. The wind protection that the XXL gives is excellent though, so I might put it back on again when the weather turns cold.

It would be interesting to know if you see any drop in mileage with the Clearview XXL on versus the Givi.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have gotten quite use to looking thru the shield than over it. Most of my riding will be in dry weather , but I have been caught a few times. Those times I just streched a bit to look over it. But then you have rain pelting the faceshield. So it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't kind of thing. As far as the tint, mine is tinted and I perfer that over stock. The 15% visibility loss is a bit much I think. The tint is very lite and does not hinder my visiblity at night. Much like a GOOD pair of sunglasses, it's mainly for glare. All in all, the Clearview has been my best aftermarket purchase.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Clearview for AN400

I checked the Clearview website and didn't even see Burgman as an product option??? Do they have a screen for the 400? Where can I find it? :?:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Clearview has not updated their website in a couple of years. You need to call the toll-free number on the site. Good people to deal with.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Re: Clearview for AN400

bikinbiddy said:
I checked the Clearview website and didn't even see Burgman as an product option??? Do they have a screen for the 400? Where can I find it? :?:
As far as I know, Clearview has not yet developed a windscreen for the AN400. In any event, I doubt that they would market a shorter screen, which is what you are searching for. But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts