Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Back! :)
In the process of ordering a Brand New Suzuki Burgman 400
This will be my third Burgman 400 after also owning 3 x Burgman 650's.
So you could say that I like Burgmans! :D
Will be collecting it beginning of March when the new UK registrations start.
Would like the ABS model but here in the UK it is an extra £884 ($1450) for that option so not made my mind up yet......

Andy

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome home, Andy!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Welcome Back

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My that's a lot of Burgmans to get through. Which leads me to question, if you like them so much, why do you sell them? Or worse, were they lost to accidents? None my business to be sure, just curious.

In any case, welcome back to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Norm, Get the ABS version, worth every penny on any MC and Scooter, including a 400. One "Save by the ABS" will pay for itself. I had a day on a previous Scoot of mine an SH 300 and had 2 incidents in very close succession a drop or nasty impact was helped avoided by ABS. Do not go without if you can help it. I have 3 Mc's as well and all have ABS, its like riding without a Helmet or on bald tyres riding a bike without ABS !

WM.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My that's a lot of Burgmans to get through. Which leads me to question, if you like them so much, why do you sell them? Or worse, were they lost to accidents? None my business to be sure, just curious.
Reason for so many is because I get bored and like a change! :)

This is my list since I had my first Burgman.....

Suzuki Burgman AN400
Suzuki SV1000
Suzuki GSX-R1000
Suzuki Burgman 650
Peugeot Elyseo 125
Suzuki DRZ400 SM
Suzuki GSX1400
Harley Davidson Streetrod
Yamaha FJR1300
Suzuki M1800R
BMW F800ST
Suzuki Burgman AN400
Suzuki Burgman AN650
Suzuki DL1000
Triumph Bonneville 750
BMW K1000RS
BMW R1100RT
Honda Silverwing 600
Honda SH300
Suzuki Burgman AN650
BMW K1200GT
BMW R1200RT
Triumph Bonneville T100
Triumph Rocket III
Honda Deauville 700
Honda CRF250L
BMW K1200RS
Honda NC700X
Suzuki Burgman 400

There's another 17 Bikes before the abbreviated list above! D

Andy

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
In that case thanks for dropping in by, Andy!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In that case thanks for dropping in by, Andy!
No Problem! :)
After all the bikes I have owned I always seem to end up back on a Burgman! :D

Andy

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
You may find it strange but my story's not much different

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You may find it strange but my story's not much different
It's a nasty illness that I have keep changing bikes! :D

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome back...............Didn't know they made a Exe. model of the 650 in 04

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to the local Suzuki Dealer today and done the deal on a New Burgman 400Z ABS
Traded my Honda NC700X in and collect the Burgervan 1st March when this years Registrations start.
At first I was not sure whether to spend the extra $$$ on the ABS version but Suzuki UK have no stock of the standard 400 for 3 months so the decision was made for me
The dealer done me a good deal knocking an extra £150 ($250) off the ABS version.
Not decided which colour to get yet, I believe that they do a Black version and also a White one.....
I like the white version but worried that everyone will think that it is a Police bike following and then drive really slooowly....
Any input welcome :)

Andy

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Congratulations, Andy!

You should probably avoid installing red and blue flashers - the temptation would be too great! :rolleyes: :glasses5:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
White is good for the road, especially at dusk. It also is the fastest. ;) Black is cool looking, like an ambassador or oil tycoon :cool: and requires less attention. summer days it can heat really high thou

·
Registered
709 Posts
Crickey mate, you've had a lot of bikes... I see you favour the 400 Mostly, good laddie, do you have any bad feedback for us regarding the 650? Cheers me ole mate.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Crickey mate, you've had a lot of bikes... I see you favour the 400 Mostly, good laddie, do you have any bad feedback for us regarding the 650? Cheers me ole mate.
I have owned 3 x Burgman 650's & 3 x Burgman 400's so no particular favourite :D
They each have there own merits.
The 650 has the extra power and the 400 has the better economy, which is best is difficult to say.....
The 400 is much lighter to move around and more suited to town work.
The 650 is the best if you want high speed, especially the later ones fitted with Overdrive :)
The last 650 I owned was a 2009 Model and I didn't like it as much as the earlier 650's
Suzuki in there infinite wisdom messed around with the CVT Programming and spoiled the bike IMO
It always felt like it was running in Power Mode which made the Power Button redundant.
I much preferred the earlier 650's where the engine delivery was more Lazy and the power button was available for fast overtakes etc

Andy

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
The last 650 I owned was a 2009 Model and I didn't like it as much as the earlier 650's
Suzuki in there infinite wisdom messed around with the CVT Programming and spoiled the bike IMO
It always felt like it was running in Power Mode which made the Power Button redundant.
I much preferred the earlier 650's where the engine delivery was more Lazy and the power button was available for fast overtakes etc

Andy
It seems they've corrected that journalist-induced mistake of "constant power mode" and made the 2013 models slower revving.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dam!.....
Got a call from the dealer today because they got my scoot delivered yesterday.
They managed to fit the Givi AF266 Screen ok although they couldn't fit the standard Handguards with it
They then tried to fit the Givi Rack to the scoot but had a problem.
The ABS version has a passenger Backrest fitted and Suzuki have moulded it into the rear panel, so the Givi Rack won't fit...
Two options, First option don't fit the rack or Second option buy the plastic panel from the standard version.
So I went for option 2 and the plastic panel was £95 ($156)
How Much! :eek: £95 ($156) for a bit of plastic that measures approx. 8" Square....
The dealer did me a deal and 'Only' charged me £70 ($115)
Three weeks to go before I can colllect....

Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts