Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what a whirlwind...

I won't mention any names, but someone offered to buy my scoot if I could get it delivered; and I trusted him...

Borrowed a truck and trailer, drove 3 days straight, showed up and he "changed his mind" all of a sudden... Drove 3 days home and spent 3 days in bed afterwards because of my back...

I give up! God wants me to keep my scooter!

I'm a bit torked, but what can a man do... :?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Speaking from a purely business aspect... ALWAYS get a non-refundable security deposit. Even if its only $100, it demonstrates seriousness on the customer's part and a small compensation for you in the event of a change of mind.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Lord etc.

Warren - appalling treatment you received, commiserations. Seems to me that you should name names however; it might just save someone else being treated in the same cavalier, inconsiderate, selfish way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chuck807 said:
Speaking from a purely business aspect... ALWAYS get a non-refundable security deposit. Even if its only $100, it demonstrates seriousness on the customer's part and a small compensation for you in the event of a change of mind.
I did get $300, which almost covered the gas bill... Still lost a week of vacation time though, and hotel bills.

David Brantley in Santa Fe New Mexico...

Even called the night before and all was well...

Oh well... :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
You didn't take your gun then?

That sort of shitty move deserves a shot in the crown jewels!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NormanB said:
You didn't take your gun then?

That sort of shitty move deserves a shot in the crown jewels!
I love your style Norm! :lol:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Warren said:
chuck807 said:
I did get $300, which almost covered the gas bill... Still lost a week of vacation time though, and hotel bills.

David Brantley in Santa Fe New Mexico...

Even called the night before and all was well...

Oh well... :roll:
With a deposit like that, it might be a breach of a verbal contract. You may want to check with an attorney in your area. But then again, it may not be worth the aggravation.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I wondered if you had sold it. Fact is I was giving it a good deal of thought.
I don't live that far away (Sun City in Riverside County) & the transfer would not be any problem.
Drop me a line at [email protected] & maybe we can work out a deal if you still want to sell it.
I must admit I had pretty much crossed the Bergman 650 off my list but the right deal would be hard to pass up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Warren said:
Well, what a whirlwind...

I won't mention any names, but someone offered to buy my scoot if I could get it delivered; and I trusted him...

Borrowed a truck and trailer, drove 3 days straight, showed up and he "changed his mind" all of a sudden... Drove 3 days home and spent 3 days in bed afterwards because of my back...

I give up! God wants me to keep my scooter!

I'm a bit torked, but what can a man do... :?
Warren,
Sorry to hear about your experience. A few months ago I had a scooter doing quite well on Ebay with approx 20 plus bids. Last person (we will leave nameless) slipped in and made the final bid just making my reserve. I was happy and emailed the high bidder out on the East coast. Emailed again a day later. Called twice, emailed again. Anyway after 10days of frustration this person never did contact me! Takes all kinds doesn`t it? I ended up selling the scoot locally, so I still get to see it on occasion in our small town. Hang in there and hope your back gets better.

Helix :lol:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Warren,

I'm sorry to hear that your sale did not work out. That guy does not deserve to ride an AN650.

It's beyond me how someone could think so little of their own word.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Fly to Alpine and ride it home. 500 miles is not a hard trip. Or make it a leisurly weekend trip.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ted clement said:
Fly to Alpine and ride it home. 500 miles is not a hard trip. Or make it a leisurly weekend trip.
That's what I think... :wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Warren,
Unless you really need the money, I'd suggest you hang onto your bike. I don't know the extent of your medical problems, but I do know, since i turned 20, I've had major arthritis problems. Many times I've thought about giving up riding. I'm glad now I never did. Through the mericles of modern medicine, I'm feeling much better now. I'll admit, I can't handle the cool weather on my joints anymore, the main reason why i'm looking to trade in my intruder 1400 on a burgman. I figure, even if I only ride occasionally, I still want to have my bike for when I'm feeling good and can ride.
(just my 2 cents worth)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts