Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after leaving my riding group after arriving at our destination and lunch I rode home through the open countryside by myself. I normally joy ride with a group and use my bike as I would a car to go shopping etc. I never realized how useful the Brakeaway cruise control really is. It is hard to use while riding with a group because no one can keep a constant speed like a cruise control. I live in South Florida where we ride all year long. But never have I ever enjoyed the ride home as much I did today. The temperature was 80 with no wind, my clay like ear plugs worked wonderfully to stop the wind noise. The cruise control let my hands relax while maintaining a constant speed. I've had Burgmans for two years now but today I really appreciated mine.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I get it :thumbup:

Nothing better than being alone with your self on your bike out in the breeze.
Sure beats therapy or sitting in the bar contemplating your navel .

You just experienced a true ZEN feeling, not many people get that in their life time, enjoy it :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Where I live in the mountains, school was closed three days last week due to snow and slick roads. On Saturday, the temperatures reached the mid 50s and the sun was shining. I decided to take a ride through the mountains and enjoy the day. There is something about reaching the top of a crooked mountain road where there is nothing other than nature in any direction you look and the snow is still on the mountains and beside the road. With the leaves off of the trees, I could see the mountains across several ridges and there was total silence. All was right with the world as I surveyed the world I could see from the mountaintop.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
My scoot is my therapist!
I have only had that feeling 1 time on a group ride but I get it often when riding alone on a pleasant day.
Ride Safe and Have Fun.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
My scoots are very therapeutic for me too, but not just by riding them.......

As a pro wrench-turner who now pretty much flies a desk, it is a great stress releiver for me to get back to working hands-on with machinery. I'm very fortunate that my wife understands this, and that my 400 pretty much always has a little something that needs doing!

The 650 I still class as "new", so it just gets cleaned and PM'd, nothing worn out yet.

One or other of them gets ridden daily, I only use a car when I have to.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Thanks for posting, I too enjoy those little rides, which are not planned, but you find yourself at one with the world, Super Bowl Sunday this year was one such day. One of my colleagues at work says, when I talk about my rides, my eyes light up. I still don't know why it took me to 50 to start riding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I like to ride hero honda pleasure which is very smooth and easy to use. But the only drawback is its weight. Moving the scooter is a little bit difficult because of its weight. But other things such as fuel economy, mileage, features are too too good.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
apvkt said:
Hi,
I like to ride hero honda pleasure which is very smooth and easy to use. But the only drawback is its weight. Moving the scooter is a little bit difficult because of its weight. But other things such as fuel economy, mileage, features are too too good.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...!!!!! You must live in India.........THAT is made just for the Indian market. an weighs just 224 pounds......The Burgman 400 weighs about 475 pounds......SO - if you think that the weight of the Pleasure is too much - you would never be able to ride one of those - EVER!!!! ANd the engine is a very tiny one also - at only 100 cc's...... Are you a man or a woman.????????

My Honda Goldwing GL1800 weighs 980 lbs...........or 445 KG..............!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.....!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes, nice post. My riding partner is out healing from a surgery, but today I am heading out solo on a ride down 135 to Story Indiana. I have to remember to get my ear plugs too, thanks.

I have never regretted removing my music player from my scooter, much more enjoyable now. A quite moment is a terrible thing to waste.

Cheers,

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
When you become one with the bike, its Zen. I have done so many 500 mile days. Put the ear plugs in, top off the gas and ride. It like "How many thoughts per mile?" In all the bikes I have owned or long term borrowed, the Burgman 650 has been the only one I have truly become one with. The 1988 1000 Concours I had for a week came close but it was a buzz-box, and high heat on the legs.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Burgman isn't the first bike to put me in a zone but it does it as easily as any bike I've owned, and I've owned many. Funny thing - my last bike was the one in my sig line - license plate? ZENHOG! After I sold it I was informed by the state of Washington that the plate name was available - I didn't have to think about that for long.

Hmm - how does BURGZEN sound to you guys/gals?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Love BurgZen :thumbup:

Some of my best rides of that nature have been late at night - riding all day - loose and wearing the bike big time....twisties and moonlight. :cheers:

But for sheer beauty ....hard to beat rain forest Austalia. My riding partner here on his 650 sure misses some mind bending stuff

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269 ... afb9d8.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269 ... e861b6.jpg

I'll take my 650 exec back home on some of the easier dirt roads but while that track looks okay at a glance....
There are spots where even a KLR got cross wise....that green moss is the forest equivalent of black ice

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m269 ... c788e1.jpg

and yeah my shoulder is sore from the low side. Images too big for the board and my arm too sore from the low side to re-size - first two are worth the click through tho. Last one is result of green moss adventure.

I would really love a Burgman style dual sport that would both cruise the highways and allow entrance to the byways.
Transformer Burgman 2020 ;)

How many others venture off the pavement on their Burgmans?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice MacDoc!

I really like the pastry shots :D

The ZenBurg isn't too bad off the black top, just keep it moving and don't be timid. I usually do a few gravel roads during my adventures, here is somewhere deep in the hart of Indiana.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Cool - I think all road bike riders should do dirt and gravel a bit just so they know how the bike handles if they get into a construction site or have to go cross country a bit to avoid a car.

Actually got caught in a stream bed once and the Burgman was pretty decent getting out of the rocky bed ( stream was dry - GPS sucked - thought it was a road )

Turning around was the bear but once headed back uphill it was stable, had power and decent traction on a rock strewn surface.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts