Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I'm finally the proud possessor of a blue '05 Burgman 650 and yes, I've named it Gryphon.

Actually, I owned it as of last night, but didn't want to take it out before I had insurance on it. This morning, 10:00 a.m., I drove it off the lot. Been riding it since. It's now 3:45 p.m. or so and I've put about 38 miles on it with just in-town driving. Differing speeds, anywhere from 15 mph to 45 mph. ****, it's fun, but **** I'm tired. *chuckles*. Still having troubles with the sharper corners, but I'm slowly getting it.

Some things of note, as this was my first real bike purchase:

Shopping for gear took a *long* time.

Had to order the Nolan helmet I wanted. It's a relatively new model that not only has the flip-front, but has a separate little flip-down shade screen on the visor. It'll be bright yellow in color.

Jacket is a Fieldsheer. $100 less than the one I *had* picked out. Elbow and back have 'hard' pads that pull out so the jacket can be washed. Jacket also has a liner. Outside has some reflective stuff for night time. I'll probably add more.

Oddly enough, boots took the longest. I wanted a pair I could put on relatively easily AND not look like I just escaped from a biker flick. Found a nice pair of lace-ups for less than $100.

I've learned one very important lesson. Make sure your jeans are "adjusted" *before* you mount the bike or things could be...uncomfortable.

I've also decided that I'm gonna need a Clearview XXL. While the breeze from the screen hits me right in the face is nice for warmer weather, it's gonna be a bear in the winter.

I look forward to riding it more tomorrow!

My final word on this...WoW!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congats on the New Ride

Congats on the new ride!!!

One more way person to save fuel so a "soccer MOM" can drive her 10 mpg Chevy Suburban!!

Safe Scootering!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
MV,

It's about time you took the plunge, I was beginning to wonder if you would need a little shove. :D :lol:

Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations! I am sure you will love it :D .

I got my blue 650 in July, and am closing in on 1000 miles. Also new at biking; it does take a bit to get the slow speed maneuvering down. I waited until I was comfortable with the bike at 15-40 mph before trying much slow speed turning, weaving, figure 8's etc. Glad I took Team Oregon basic rider course.

I just got and installed a Clearview L (I'm 5'11", inseam 33), recommended by Craig. Leaves me looking about 1.5-2" over the top of the screen, with the wind hitting the top inch or two of my helmet, enough to let the helmet vents do their thing. Got the GW vent, not sure I needed with the L size :? . Still some wind noise, which lessens if I scrunch down, but then I'm looking through the screen.

Let me know if you want to ride some time; only an hour away! Altho, two blues may look like a gang :twisted: .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts