Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really get the chance to do that much "joy riding." Part of it is due to my work schedule and that I have a small business on top of that. So when I do get the chance to go I want to make it special.

I live at the beginning (or end) of two different well known motorcycle tour areas. I decided that Thanksgiving day be the best day to actually ride at least part of the Green Swamp Encounter. The Green Swamp is exactly that - 560,000 acres of wetlands in the middle of central Florida. Here is the link to learn more about the route: http://www.2uptouring.com/Motorcycle-Ri ... unter.aspx

Sadly I didn't have time to ride the entire route but I was able to ride about 1/4 to a 1/2 of it. Lovely 2 lane back roads without a car or another bike in site for most of it. I took my time and I'm glad I did as a lot of corners were covered in sand. The road surface was questionable in others.

I didn't see to many animals - other then cows, two goats, several squirrels and an Eagle that dive bombed me. I was able to count the cars on one hand once I hit the twisty back roads. I've got a more detailed report and several pics up on my blog. http://2smallerwheels.blogspot.com/2012 ... swamp.html

Overall it was a great day to be out riding!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sounds and looks like a great ride. /Huzzah

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Thanks for sharing the Green Swamp. I have safed the location/map so I can plan a ride this year. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Houndguy said:
ScooterJohn said:
Thanks for sharing the Green Swamp. I have saved the location/map so I can plan a ride this year. :cheers:
Well let me know when you want to go. :thumbup:

I live in Land O Lakes and regularly ride up to sleepy Hollow on my 08 Burgman 650 Exec, I would be very interested in riding the Green Swamp area. If anyone wants to organize a ride on a warm winter day, let me know.

Brad,

AKA: Bearcat

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Re: Sleepy Hollow What a great ride.

bearcat said:
I live in Land O Lakes and regularly ride up to sleepy Hollow on my 08 Burgman 650 Exec,
Brad,
AKA: Bearcat
Where else can you get a $5.00 breakfast or lunch as good as Sleepy Hollow put out?
Our club rides up to Sleepy Hollow frequently. I don't how far it would if we took major roads, but we take back roads and make it in to a little over 200 miles round trip. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
And what club would that be? the St. Petersburg Scooter Club? which I am a member of!

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
If it's gonna be an organized run, I'd suggest to start a thread on itin rallies and gatherings.

Depending on dates, I'll most certainly be interested.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
bearcat said:
And what club would that be? the St. Petersburg Scooter Club? which I am a member of!
:thumbup: Yes you're right that would be the St. Petersburg Scooter Club.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
I don't get to ride with the SPSC unless they come up close to LOL as I don't like the ride down to St. Pete. Perhaps Bob will organise a ride to the Swamp sometime.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts