Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ladies, gentlemen and Norm (lol just kidding :wink: ) you all have probably heard the old saying "it aint over till the fat lady sings" right? Well unfortunately in my quest to obtain a Burgman the fat lady has just finished singing a dang concert for a sell out crowd. Long long story about someone who was going to help me get a bike due to my credit problem (bankruptcy 1 1/2 years ago due to my wife having to quit her job due to pregnancy complications and then only having one salary) and in the end he (father-in-law's brother) did not help me out but instead got himself and my father-in-law a brand new Volusia 800. I know that is just down right dirty in my opinion. If he would have said no from the start hey no big deal. However he said yes after his divorce was final and then after many many near misses where it looked like it was a go then "bam!!!" nothing. I was so close at times that I went ahead and got my learners license for motorcycles. They got bikes and I got nothing!!! Oh well life bites sometimes. Guess I will just have to dream for now. Unless any one out there wantsto "owner" finance? lol :wink: Guess I will just have to wait a few years and get my credit back straight and see what happens then. Mean while all the bad guys out there better look out. I am pissed off and will give no more breaks. Do the crime do the time. :D And even though it did not work out for me right now I will still visit the site probably every day. It is a great site with a great group of people!! Maybe some day I will have a chance to meet some of you all. If you are ever in the area look me up. Thanks for the support.

Steven

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Steve
Thanks for your kind words! :wink:
Sorry to hear you have been stymied in your quest to be Burgmanised.
I am sure all our colleagues here on the Forum hope it is not too much longer before you can realise your dream.
I am pleased to hear that you intend to remain an active member of the Forum.
Keep the faith brother! :thumbright: :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news Steve. Keep the dream alive my friend. hopefully a Burgman will be in your future shortly.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Steven:
The war's not over, this is just a delay. And perhaps it is for the best as scooters are getting better every year. And you don't HAVE to own a scooter to belong here (I think) :wink:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
That's a bummer. I know the whole bankruptcy deal way too well. That's why we sold one bike to get the Burgman. Can get financed for a house but not a bike....

Anyhow, just keep your fingers crossed that things will start going good for you. It took me a while to even get mine.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Steve that is a very bitter pill to swallow and as unfathomable as it may seem if you have a good attitude then good will come to you! That is one of the unchangeable laws of the Universe.

Rubble

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your very kind words. I have not given up quite yet. My father-in-law has done said that he will probably give me his Volusia. Says his health is not that great and that he just can't see himself really riding it. Heck they have had them for a few months now and they have never left their backyard. I think both of them will realize they were not what they expected and that my father-in-law will give me his and my uncle will probably give his to his son. I will just wait to see what happens. And Pinwheel you are very right about the deal about being able to get a house and not a bike. I am trying right now to get a house and stop paying rent and it looks good so far. Just trying to find the best loan right now. Again thanks and I will keep everyone updated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts