Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I considered many things before I purchased my 650. What I would do if the bike broke down was NOT one of them. This was because I was able to fix nearly every aspect of my prior bike ('00 GSXR) by myself. I had not considered this time, that the Burgman had all these digital guages, a complex transmission ... just stuff I'm wasn't not sure of.

Also, it dawned on me that I never worried about getting used parts for the gixxer because these were widely available. This would not be the case with the Burgman. As a last minute decision, I decided to purchase the extended warranty.

My questions to you guys are:

How many of you purchased this?

If I change my mind about the extended warranty, can I return it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I bought the service pland and extended warranty as a group package. I "supposedly" got a deal cause the finance manager liked my F-250 and I was going to hook him up with some connections on performance parts.

I bought a 3 yr unlimited miles fender to fender warranty and a 3 yr-25k mile all services included for $1200.00

-Greengoose

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
No I didnt go for the extended at this time. According to the manual you have at least one full year or I guess before the suzuki warranty expires to purchase the extended coverage. I havent decided at this date what to do, still have 10 months to think about it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Vroooom

Bought the $55.00 Suzuki AN650 service manual.

Enjoyed telling the sales order guy that I wasn't interested in $800 2 year contract and that Japanese bikes should have no problem.

Only problem is now - Not having enough time to ride.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called up the dealership and asked for the Full Refund. I've gotten the pdf version Service Manual, but probably will get the hard copy.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think that he's confused the Service Manual with the PDF parts listing from a certain Suzuki dealers website.

Using a parts blow-up diagram to work on a bike is rough.

The huge softbound Suzuki AN650 service manual is copyrighted and should not be available to view anywhere on the web unless Suzuki changes their policy about (free or fee) web distribution of their copyrighted material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts