Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having purchased a 400 two weeks ago, I ride every chance I can. Here in NC, the weather has been in the mid to upper 70's but starts out in the mid 30's! Earlier this week I rode in to work when it was 36 and 38 degrees and the ride home was 76 and 77 degrees. Its nice to have that storage space under the seat that easily stashes my briefcase as well as my Teknica jacket with liner!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I rode into work on April 6th. When I started out at 6:00am it was -4 degrees with a windchill of -15 . :shock: If you dress for it you will be ok. My fingers were just a touch cold after my 35 min commute.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Two Words

Electric vest by Aerostitch..oops, thats four words.

·
Registered
308 Posts
This place I live in has gotten us accustomed to the idea that anything below 60*F is freezing temperature, almost unbearable

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
migz123 said:
This place I live in has gotten us accustomed to the idea that anything below 60*F is freezing temperature, almost unbearable...
Yep, I'm from Connecticut, moved to Nebraska 2 years ago. Riding in 30 degree F temperatures is no big deal for me, and I'll ride in the 20's if the roads are dry.

But I lived in Pacific Grove, California for a little over a year once. Went shopping for a Christmas tree wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Hmm... that's just not right... :roll: I remember putting a jacket on for those chilly 60 degree mornings with the fog rolling in off of the ocean.

Today will only get into the low 50's here. I may wash the scooter. Hey, its warm enough so the water won't freeze :)

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts
Depends on the distance, 20 degrees about 5 miles, 30 degrees 20 miles, 40 degrees 50 miles, 50 and above ?. I prefer cooler temps. Wearing a heavy leather Jacket. Temps over 90 I drink lots of water, not for the heat, but for dehydration. I'm still comfortable @ 95 but the wind really can dehydrate you.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
So far the weather is not a factor, I live in south Texas where we also think any thing below 60 is freezing... But I do think twice when it's 105 in the shade. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts