Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to say what a wonderful little machine this is, I do 100 miles per day on the interstate to go to work and back... It came with 4500 miles on it last year and now is at 15k.

I run down the interstate between 6500 rpm's and 8500, and she purrs like a kitten averaging 55mpg, day in and day out very little maintenance.

I'm not too worried about the birdie chirp on the clutch, after all it is a dry clutch and not a traditional wet clutch... I love the fact that it has a variator/clutch and not the traditional wet clutch type transmission which would create a complete tear down to redo on many traditional motorbikes, these clutches can be redone by just removing the cover.

Darkside the rear tire was the best thing ever did, little squiggly in the curves but nothing to worry about, and I don't expect to pull the rear tire for another three years!

Great bike!!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to remove the "by just" from my statement! Hee

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd like to remove the "by just" from my statement! Hee
Lol.

A good man knows his limitations. I learned one of mine today.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I run down the interstate between 6500 rpm's and 8500, and she purrs like a kitten averaging 55mpg, day in and day out very little maintenance.
Great bike!![/QUOTE]

Chappy;

Don't know your speed at the mentioned RPM, but I changed to 20G Sliders and I cruise at 65MPH (true) with RPM at 5200RPM ,max, and I average 68 MPG on Long Runs. I also use Ethanol Free Gas.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's quite a difference moto...any setbacks with around town??

Current set up as OEM, 6500 65mph...8500 85mph, gps speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts