Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right forum? I don't know, but whatever...:cool:

So here it is, the Burgie i'd love to see being made! A fullblown touring bike no doubt!

- A new 1000 cc engine (at least 1000 cc)

- Integrated sideracks and top-box like a Goldwing

- Built in GPS

- Built in stereo with powerful speakers and bluetooth-option

- Standard heated grips and seat

- Standard backrest for both driver and passenger

- Keep the good stuff, like automatic gear, ABS, and low seat-height ( could be even lower)

Feel free to comment :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
With a long stroke, low rpm engine (like the new Honda NC series bikes) for excellent fuel economy. And a low maintenance shaft drive. And very important: a well thought out, wind tunnel tested windshield that really works! And perfect, all-day comfortable seats! And, and, and........

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am right with you, only make it about 44 inches wide. Taller wider windshield. Maybe a dual clutch transmission. Make sure it still has an overdrive for touring.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Right forum? I don't know, but whatever...:cool:

So here it is, the Burgie i'd love to see being made! A fullblown touring bike no doubt!

- A new 1000 cc engine (at least 1000 cc)

- Integrated sideracks and top-box like a Goldwing

- Built in GPS

- Built in stereo with powerful speakers and bluetooth-option

- Standard heated grips and seat

- Standard backrest for both driver and passenger

- Keep the good stuff, like automatic gear, ABS, and low seat-height ( could be even lower)

Feel free to comment :p
Keep on dreaming.........OR.........buy a Goldwing..which I have also!

·
Registered
170 Posts
As for me the riding position on a Gold wing and all other conventional motorcycles are to confining. I don't ride on two wheels to exercise all four of my apendages. I ride for fun and conveneance. Besides Goldwings were designed in the last century.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Unfortunately with size comes weight. That bike would be pushing 800lbs wet. You're description is close to the Honda ST series which I'm familiar with or the BMW 1300. Both fine bikes to be sure.

But I'm quite happy with the 650 touring (heck, I was happy with the 400 touring). Not to big, not too small. As Goldilocks would say, "it's just right".

It would be interesting to see though. I like the idea. But of course an idea is only as good as its execution.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
My ideal Burgman would have been made in May of 2003, have a 385 cc engine, and have been always garaged until (and since) sold to me in May of 2011 for $1800 with only 12.3k miles.

At that time it would have required only a new clutch shaft roller bearing, replacement of all fluids, and good cleaning of the CVT to make it like new. Since then it would have accumulated another 24k miles with only regular maintenance--iridium spark plug, front brake pads, tires, regular oil changes, a battery, and a new CVT belt and clutch--and a few "mods" like DRP sliders, reshaping of the variator ramp plate and a DRDSpeedo speedometer correction device.

It would be capable of carting my backside around Saint Augustine FL and NE Florida at speeds of up to 80+ mph, all while delivering a consistent 50 to 55 mpg--even with CVT mods targeting maximum acceleration. It would start quickly in one or two turns of the crankshaft, and continue to do so for some 22k miles after the crappy nickel/chrome electrode plug was replaced with a contemporary fine wire precious metal device.

All of that would fit my bill quite nicely...

·
Administrator
18,736 Posts
My ideal Burgman would have been made in May of 2003, have a 385 cc engine, and have been always garaged until (and since) sold to me in May of 2011 for $1800 with only 12.3k miles.

At that time it would have required only a new clutch shaft roller bearing, replacement of all fluids, and good cleaning of the CVT to make it like new. Since then it would have accumulated another 24k miles with only regular maintenance--iridium spark plug, front brake pads, tires, regular oil changes, a battery, and a new CVT belt and clutch--and a few "mods" like DRP sliders, reshaping of the variator ramp plate and a DRDSpeedo speedometer correction device.

It would be capable of carting my backside around Saint Augustine FL and NE Florida at speeds of up to 80+ mph, all while delivering a consistent 50 to 55 mpg--even with CVT mods targeting maximum acceleration. It would start quickly in one or two turns of the crankshaft, and continue to do so for some 22k miles after the crappy nickel/chrome electrode plug was replaced with a contemporary fine wire precious metal device.

All of that would fit my bill quite nicely...
And now look who's dreaming. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
All I would like to see is the engine boosted to 750cc's (same price for insurance here in BC), hard panniers added since I already have a big back box for the ultimate amount of storage, a big backrest for the rider and adjustable dimmer switch for the gauges, electronic cruise control and a better fairing, like a Clearview. Increase the diameter of the wheels a bit too since they are so small putting air in them is a nightmare. THEN I think you would have the ultimate touring scooter.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Who cares about any Burgmans.............??? I just dream of tons of naked women.......... that does it for me!! My Burgman is just fine, thank you..

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
If you enlarge Burgman, you will inadvertently but surely build this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts