Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered a beautiful non-advertised benefit of owning a Burgman - The Dress Code.

There is none. :D

Unlike the Cruiser rabble & their mandatory 'Jeans and Black T-Shirt ' wear. Or those who go above and beyond, with the leather cap, vest chaps, etc. - Making them look like extras from a burlesque film depicting life (and love) in prison... :shock:

Or the Harley crew who need to wear no less than 15 pieces of officially licensed Hardly Davidson(tm) apparel at all times... Also making them look like they are Villiage People refugees...

We are also spared the expense of spending $1000 on the Aerostitch, Mighty Morphine Powa Rangers Suit.

Heck, I dunno if they even make a Burgman T-Shirt. Huzzah!

Appropriate riding gear? Whatever I'm wearing that day. Hee Hee...

Sid sends

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
You are so right, Sid! Myself, I mix & match from the genre that suits me, and just worry about being comfortable and protected. Leather chaps with a Burton snowboarding jacket, anyone?

The cool part is, we're all members of the 2-wheeled riders club. The waves, the friendly comparing of machines at rest stops ... it's all there. And we can opt into or out of the "branding" as we wish.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I found that I created my own "Dress Code" since I bought my 650. I now own 3 riding jackets, 5 pair of gloves and 8 helmets! (You have to be color coordinated you know!) :D

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
casek said:
I now own 3 riding jackets, 5 pair of gloves and 8 helmets! (You have to be color coordinated you know!) :D
Silly me. I ignored color coordination. I am wearing a wineberry (sort of burgundy) colored helmet on a blue AN650. No wonder some people won't wave back! :shock:

Even worse, I wear the same helmet on my yellow V-Strom!

There is another guy in town that has a yellow and black V-Strom like mine. I've ridden with him a couple of times. He has a matching yellow and black Shoei helmet AND a matching yellow and black Fieldsheer riding jacket. Quite impressive! (But he kinda looks like a giant bumblebee.. :wink: )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LMAO!!! :toothy10:

You know what the oddest part was during my ride today?

The crotch rocket crowd nearly all waved to me, as did the cruisers.

The only scooter guy I saw today, didn't. :(

Oh the humanity...

Sid sends

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Black helmet, red and black Joe Rocket jacket, and blue burgman. Looks OK to me. 8) Of course my ex used to ask me silly questions like, "Does this dress go with these shoes?" I usually replied, "Why aske me? I'm lucky if I'm wearing matching socks!" Last time I ever said that to a woman she looked down and said, "You're not." (I had on a black one and a dark blue one) Oh well.... :roll:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Let's see. Leopard spotted thong . . . yeah, that's about it for me! :shock: :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
Black helmet, red and black Joe Rocket jacket, and blue burgman. Looks OK to me. 8) Of course my ex used to ask me silly questions like, "Does this dress go with these shoes?" I usually replied, "Why aske me? I'm lucky if I'm wearing matching socks!" Last time I ever said that to a woman she looked down and said, "You're not." (I had on a black one and a dark blue one) Oh well.... :roll:
I normally take my socks off in those situations! :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I didn't want to kill her (via toxic odor) Norman. And the office 'dress code' did require socks ... just didn't specify matching ones. :lol:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dress code

I've gone back to my 70's jean jacket look with a hooded sweatshirt underneath. Back when I rode my mean lean 90cc 2 stroke Bridgestone motorcycle everyone had that jean jacket look. Heh, what ever works. Like Paulio mentioned his helmet is colorful. I have the silver Burgy, but my full face helmet has yellow,blue, black,and white colors all mixed up. Heh, they can see me coming! Wife and I just bought each other an early Christmas present. Harley zipup boots. Go figure. Main thing is wear plenty of road rash layers, helmet , gloves and boots to be safe.

Happy riding,

Helix :santa:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Some of the Harley gear is nice. It's mostly the Harley touring riders that buy that though. The cruiser riders typically look like they bought all their gear at garage sales...

Funny thing. I was chatting with the accessories manager at the dealership while looking at the Gerbing stuff today. He said that Gerbing told him they make the heated garments for both Harley and BMW. They custom make it to the specs requested by those brands. But they were having trouble keeping up with demand for their products recently, so they had to contract some of their stuff out to Asia. Which stuff did they have made in Asia? Well... it was the Harley & BMW stuff. Hee Hee. :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I traded in my 02 Honda CBR600F4i(silver/red) for a 04 Burgman 400(silver)
I didn't want to waste money on new gears so I am using my old ones.

Shoei RF-1000 Full face(red/blk/wht)
Teknic gloves- blk
Teknic jackets- summer mesh (red)
- winter textile (grey)
- in between, Spyke leather (red/silver/blk)
Bohn armour pants with jeans.
Sidi Vert II. (blk)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Heck, anything goes with Silver I think.

My Wineberry helmet matched my Kawi Concours when I bought it. It doesn't match the dark blue Burgman too well. But I couldn't see retiring a perfectly good Shoei helmet because of its color. I did buy a newer model Shoei this year for hot weather use. I was cautious though, and bought the Silky White color. That should go with anything I ride over the next few years. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
billmeek said:
I didn't want to kill her (via toxic odor) Norman. And the office 'dress code' did require socks ... just didn't specify matching ones. :lol:
Never got into that situation in the office myself -------------not my sort of hunting ground! :wink:

Hence the old Brit expression about 'never shitting on your own doorstep!' :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
NormanB said:
billmeek said:
Never got into that situation in the office myself -------------not my sort of hunting ground! :wink:

Hence the old Brit expression about 'never shitting on your own doorstep!' :)
In the US it's 'don't **** where you eat!' :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts