Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi could someone explain the Bergman fart to me,i think it could be happening to me, after the engine has stopped every 5 mins it makes a whining noise.

·
Registered
162 Posts
it caught me off guard when I first heard it, and smelled it :)

Its fuel evaporation in the tank, when it hits a certain pressure a relief valve opens and dumps out the excess vapor.

I find it barely happens when in the shade, but every 5 min is about right in direct sun.

The sound is likely to vary, sounds like a quiet little duck call to me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, learn something new every day. Never heard or heard of the burggie fart. I guess my bikes handle their gas better... Lol.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
As JustSumDad said it is the pressure relief valve on the tank opening to release built up pressure. It's been discussed on the board many times.

Edited to add; It can occur on both the 400 and the 650 but is more likely to occur on the 650 because of the position of the tank above the engine where it is subject to more heat.

·
Registered
753 Posts
hi could someone explain the Bergman fart to me,i think it could be happening to me, after the engine has stopped every 5 mins it makes a whining noise.

Happens to me every time I fart too. Wife starts making a whining noise followed closely by ragged breathing and then by loud retching. Never associated it as anything with the Burgman though. Maybe I should. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow, learn something new every day. Never heard or heard of the burggie fart. I guess my bikes handle their gas better... Lol.
Cali models apparently have a carbon can that the pressure relief dumps into so its very very quiet :)

I am looking into adding a can on mine... it has gas a lot :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Cali models apparently have a carbon can that the pressure relief dumps into so its very very quiet :)

I am looking into adding a can on mine... it has gas a lot :rolleyes:
See... Even farts are better in California!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I care about my Burgman a lot, so everytime I put gas, I add a Maalox pill in the tank. Problem solved xD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts