Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wifester's 2008 400 Burgman that she bought new in 2008, and drove for six years, is gone. I never thought I'd see the day.
If that day did come, I would have bet money she'd buy a new 400 Burgman. She loved that thing.
Anyway, a couple of days ago she drives home with a new 2014 Honda CTX700N, red, 6 speed. Better gas mileage she says.
I still have my 2012 650 Burgman. I'm not ready to shift again. MPG or what ever other magic that Honda has... Wifester has a smile on her face that can't be ripped off.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Jeff Foxworthy has a joke, "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". Glad she's happy.

And congratulations!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Isn't it DCT?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I sat on all versions of the 700 by Honda. They offer one version with DCT plus ABS and another version without DCT or ABS. The latter version is $1,000 less in price.
The bike feels great, almost like a Burgman 400, but should ride better. The down side is the engine requires a lot of shifting due to the low RPM limit.

I really like the CTX 700 concept but the engine isn't good enough at this point to recommend over a Burgman 650. But, compared to a Burgman 400 it probably is small step up.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
take another look, Maniac -- i also fancied it first, but pretty soon changed my mind

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't it DCT?
Hers is the 6 speed version. We do have a windshield and trunk ordered for it. It's a low RPM cruiser style ride. Wifester is happy, and as has been stated: everyone is happy.
I'll be keeping my 650 Burgman for many more moons; Maybe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts