Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Engine braking is MINIMAL in the new model. I only notice it when I completely close the throttle.

2. Moving it around in the garage isn't bad at all. Yes, it takes more effort than the Burg 400 but not much more.

3. I like the ECO light as I can cruise at 85 mph and still feel "green"

4. I am supposed to have an engine oil indicator. Is this new for 2013?

5. The new dash compared to the previous model isn't really much of any upgrade

6. The brakes are great

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2013-suzuki-burgman-650-abs-ar156281.html

I like the styling of the '13 650. A nice ride indeed.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts on the '13 & '14 model. Hope to be looking for one of these model years in about 2-3 years. I like the lines a little better and have also seen another you tube video that said there was an improvement in the breaking.

The fuel mileage is suppose to better too, do you know if that is true?

·
Registered
70 Posts
the oil change readout will come on at 600 miles. After that you will have to set it up for what miles you want between oil changes. It's in the book how to do..

·
Registered
426 Posts
I too like the lines of my L4, over those of the K7 & K3 I own. I prefer the new location of the park brake, despite others feelings to the contrary. To each his/her own. I like the new dash, and even the green ECO light, despite it being hard to keep on... hahaha. YMMV on that one. While I like the look of the improved styling cues I don't prefer the loss of frontal real-estate as a consequence. There is more exposure to the elements with the narrower frontal profile of the tupperware and narrower screen. I was a little disappointed that removal of the pillions backrest means loss of the upper portion of the 'tail' tupperware too, meaning one has to purchase an additional cover irrespective of wanting to fit a luggage rack or not.
In terms of handling, manoeuvrability, speed and all round ride... I'm happy with the ride. The scoot is a premium price wise in NZ at NZD17995 OTD. BMW C650GT pricing seems to have dropped below this in NZ, to around NZD15995, where the model had entered the NZ market at around NZD19995.

A legal AN650L4 in mainland China is CNY158000 (+9% tax on road registration/plating)... overall twice as much as the NZ MSRP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts