Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Front.. Racetech Emulators.. after some trial and errors I ended up with stock springs and spacer( uncut). Emulator 64lb spring 1/2 turn. Damper 4 holes enlarged to 3/8".. 15wt Maxima fork oil at 5.5"... what a difference this made.. I can feel the forks working but now none of the shock gets to the handlebar and into my arms...

Hamie:

Re: Race Tech emulators, I was just curious - did you order FEGV S3801 or FEGV 3801? Race Tech website points me (09’ K9 650) toward the FEGV S3801. That makes sense - since Race Tech says “S” is designated for ‘Street” setup. But in 2008, an in-depth post was made on BurgmanUSA about the emulators and the poster explicitly said to get the FEGV 3801?

Lastly, did you find that you needed air tools for this installation? A couple of people on BurgmanUSA have stated it was necessary due to bottom bolt being on too tight (where you drain oil from dampers). I can not take this jarring ride anymore!

Thanks in advance,
Frank (a.k.a. claymore)

·
Registered
57 Posts
MJR:Thanks...I do recall you stating that now.

Hamie: I found one of answers just now on the BurgmanUSA Knowledge Base. Many good posts and info regarding this modification! Kiwi Dave stated in that post:
Emulators:
Emulators are basically the same for all bikes apart from a small poppet spring.
The part number FEGV3801 I gave them will fit our front forks BUT are for a dirt bike, with 101lb poppet spring. Excellent for rattling out your fillings! The correct part number is FEGVS3801 (The S being for Road Bikes with a 40lb poppet spring).
that clears that one up!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.