Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bruce W. and I met at Overturf's Powersports, a Suzuki dealer in Springfield, IL., this morning at around 11:30 a. I rode 175 miles northwest to get to Springfield, and he rode about the same distance southeast. We met, talked shop at the shop, lunched at Applebee's, and then went for a short (40~50 mi.) ride. The morning started chilly, and for me rainy, but the sky began to clear around noon, making for a spectacular ride. Bruce is a former motorcycle cop and very predictable on the road. A joy to ride along with.

I pulled into my driveway with 400.3 new miles on the odo. 8)

Thanks again for the meet, Bruce. Let's do it again - with more burgers!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Fun ride

Like Steve said, we had a nice visit, and ride around the Springfield, IL area. Some of it was on the historic Route 66. The morning had started out very chilly for me, and I had to stop to put on extra gear to finish out the trip to Springfield. It turned out that we both traveled about the same distance to get there. I had 402 new miles on the odometer at the end of the day. Putting that wih the 500 plus miles the weekend before, and it is showing signs of being a very nice summer! It was a real pleasure to meet someone else with an appreciation for the Burgman, who is also a very capable rider. I look forward to getting together again. Maybe others could join us as well.

Bruce G. Woodburn,
Rock Island, IL
AN650K3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts