Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding this website and lurking a while, you guys inspired me to act! After riding a motorcyle now and again in college 30 years ago and sporadically in the intervening years, I decided the 650 Burgman would satisfy my need to fly. After researching, I decided the Yamaha V-MAX would kill me if my wife didn't first! :D Found the king of scooters and haven't looked back. I registered a while ago but this is my first post - I'd rather read and learn, or rather ride first, read later, post almost never. I put a deposit on my 650 back in Feb, finally took delivery in mid March. I LOVE RIDING THIS SMOOTH MOVER!! :lol: Signed up for the MSF Basic Rider Course back when I ordered the bike and took the class with my wife a couple weeks ago (she reluctantly) and we both passed. I ride it every chance I get and commute from Fredericksburg to Springfield on it now that I've got my vented XL Clearview and Hi-Viz Roadcrafter commuter-suit. Got over 1500 miles now and looking forward to many more. My next assignment will be at Ft Belvoir starting in June, so I'll be riding the HOV lanes for a few more years... Keep up the great dialogue, I learn more every day. I'll be working on various mods as time and $$ allow - thanks for all the pioneers who post their findings, I appreciate it. See you on the road :p

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If I haven't said it before, welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Hazmat. Glad to have you join us. And congratulations on the new Burgman 650.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome to the group. :salute:

My daughter and son-in-law live in Fredericksburg. If you see a crazy women waving out of a car window at you one day, it's probably me while I'm up there visiting.

We plan to take Clyde, my Burgman 650 and Zippy, my husbands FJR1300 up there next year for a weeks worth of riding. Maybe we will see you then.

Janine :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Hazmat and welcome to the forum.Congrats on your return to the 2 wheeled world. I hope your wife doesnt blame us for renewed interest :D

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
How exciting to have yet another Burgman in Virginia! Perhaps we could form a N. VA. chapter, BurgmanUSA riding club. Wouldn't that be fun to have regional chapters of riding clubs affiliated with this site?

Madonna

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Madonna,
Might be worth a try, at least to get ideas on the best riding routes for fun and enjoyment. Scheduling, as always, is the hardest part!
Hazmat

·
Registered
75 Posts
Madonna, 4Hazmat...

We're practically neighbors. I live in Burke, VA and cut through Springfield every morning on my way to work! We should all definately get together some time!

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
avgibson,

I live in West Springfield, even closer to Burke than you may have imagined. Isn't there another Burgman rider in either Burke or Fairfax? Plus we have at least one here from Woodbridge. Now Fredericksburg. Sounds like a BurgmanUSA/ ICOBO riding club in the making!

Madonna
:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
There may be two more in Burke...a guy with the tag of "Daveman" used to post here, but I haven't seen him around in awhile...he lives over by the Burke Walmart.

Also, my buddy has seen a 400 parked in front of one of the townhomes in his neighborhood right down the road from me. I'm guessing their are at least 10 of us in the area. Where did you buy your bike?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
avgibson and Madonna,
Got mine at Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, they gave me a better deal than the dealer in Fredericksburg, plus I commute right by them every day. Just went over 2000mi total today, racking up about 125 per day now... loving the HOV lanes. So when shall we do lunch and do some formation flying? :D
Hazmat

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I bought my Burgman at Coleman Powersports in Falls Church. They gave me a good out the door price and have been pretty decent to me, despite their dodgy reputation. I'd go back to them, I think.

I can't get together before the weekend of May 20. I'll let you guys decide time and place. Looking forward to it!!

Madonna

1 - 11 of 11 Posts