Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased some new riding gear from MotorCyclegear.com. I ordered the Phantom Textile Pants - Black and a Pursang Textile Jacket - Black/Hi Viz Yellow. Both are Motonation brand. I got them a week ago and have worn them for about 400ish miles in my daily and weekend commutes. For many years I had an Olympian jacket and pants. I wore the zippers out in the jacket. Those pieces served me very well but were getting worn and the velcro had lost it's grip a number of years ago. My new stuff seems to be very well made. The pockets do not have zippers but seem to be well designed and easier to use than my last jacket. One thing that is readily apparent is the bulk of the inner liners. If you are in doubt of your size, get one size larger to be able to wear the thermals and the rain liners at the same time. Not sure how I feel about the plastic(?) zippers yet. They are secure but how will they last? Time will tell. Both items look good and the jacket is really Hi Viz. Overall ordering from MotorcycleGear worked very well. The jacket and pants were as ordered and aside from not knowing how long they will last, I am satisfied with the purchase.

· Premium Member
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Blacktruck, another site added the Burgman bookmark library. 👍
I'm not a big online shopper mostly because I prefer to actually see people I am dealing with and products I am buying before making the deal, however sometimes it just works out that way. I've bought from that company a few times with very good service. I can't say everyone will have that but they did my deals right and they do offer a good selection of things we all just can't live without. I put off buying this stuff for too long. I'm cheap and kept thinking I would wear my stuff a little longer every time I wore it. Glad to have a new set of duds for riding my scooter.

· Banned
89 Posts
Have you tested it in the rain yet ? It looks like the jacket has good venting for warmer weather too. I've been shopping for new jacket\pants for touring, and am currently looking at the Fly Racing Terra jacket and pants. I do 10 or more days on the road each summer, riding through 100 degree dry and sometimes 45 degree wet days, it's hard to pack for that range of weather conditions.

· Premium Member
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tested it in the rain yet ? It looks like the jacket has good venting for warmer weather too. I've been shopping for new jacket\pants for touring, and am currently looking at the Fly Racing Terra jacket and pants. I do 10 or more days on the road each summer, riding through 100 degree dry and sometimes 45 degree wet days, it's hard to pack for that range of weather conditions.
Haven't had rain yet to test it. I will say the removeable rain layer underneath seems to be very good. Far better than my old Olympian stuff. My only observation so far on those items is the additional bulk under the jacket and pants. Like I said previously, order one size bigger if you want this. So far I really like them both. Padding where they should have it and draft proof for those cold days on the scooter.

· Premium Member
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Blacktruck, I thought you bought this gear two Christmases ago? Are you now just starting to wear them? You had to squeeze every last mile out of the old set before you would break these in?🤣

· Premium Member
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had planned buy them awhile back. As it worked out, I got busy and then most of my riding was just commutes so it wasn't a big deal to wear my old stuff. About the last straw was recently when the main zipper left the area. I was going to get someone to replace it but couldn't find anyone to do that and replace the velcro. Fast forward to a week plus ago and it was a cold and wet day. I needed to go to town and wanted to take the bike. Yep, moment of frustration and I pulled the trigger on the purchase. I'm cheap so I guess I justified it by getting the maximum possible out of my old gear. 😁

· Registered
105 Posts
From the same company I got an armored Fieldsheer riding jacket from there last summer and agree with the OP to get a size larger.

It was a white/silver color that reflects to light. I was esp looking for another look to replace my black leather Marlon Brando like jacket.

Lots of good MC gear there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.