1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I found something interesting at:
Tucano Urbano’s Termoscud leg warmer on Motoroda.com

tonight. It's an accessory for the 400 called a "Termoscud Leg Warmer", and despite the picture for the life of me I can't figure out exactly what the thing is or quite how it works. I mean, obviously it's a wind-protector of some sort for the lower body. But one minute it is referred to as a "garment", while at the next the ad's text decribes how it's stiff and won't flutter in the wind.

Can anyone tell me how this thing works, how it mounts to both the rider and the machine, and most of all how the rider puts his legs down to stop?

In truth, I'd seriously consider buying one of these, if it will fit my 52" so-called "waist", if it really works and is practical, and if the shipping won't break me.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Yeah I have one of the early ones without the inflatable ribs.

It ain't cold enough here (yet) for the apron - I still have not put the winter liners in my trousers. I have the handlebar muffs fitted and I am so please to be able to ride with summer gloves in sub 40 deg F temps.

To tell the truth I bought the muffs and 'apron' as a job lot - preowned for not very much money - but I have a feeling I may never fit the apron - it looks kinda of stooopid! However, I did notice lots of peeps in France use them, when the bike is parked it extends over the seat to keep the rain off.

Oh one other tip - use the throttle rocker or similar - this avoids the death grip and thus keeps your hands warm! :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you for your kind replies! I like this idea a lot, because I can leave the thing mounted to my bike at all times, keeping my legs warm in winter and even more importantly dry in the rain without having to don chaps or the like and take them off. When the weather is good, I can just ignore the leg cover, and it won't take up any valuable space. To me, that's about as good as it gets.

Anyone know of any downsides besides it looks dorky? I look dorky enough on my bike to start with that I max out all dork-o-meters within several miles anyway as I pass by, so appearance does not matter.

Thanks!

Phil

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Me. I'd get my legs tangled up in it at a stoplight, and fall over. :shock:

Almost did that once carrying a Kryptonite U lock. I had locked it across the carbs on my motorcycle - seemed like a great place to carry it. Went to put my left foot down when I stopped, but the cuff of my jeans hung up on the Kryptonite lock preventing me from putting my foot down. Of course I had already shifted my weight to have the bike lean to the left. :? Quick balancing act, got bike to lean the opposite way, and got my other foot down. Whew!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for all the help! I've been quoted a price of just under $200 to my front door from the Greek site listed in my original post, and come Monday or so I expect to place the order.

Once I get it up and working, I'll let y'all know how it handles Tennessee weather!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts