Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avatars (little graphic thingies that appear at the left of forum posts). Several members have shown fortitude and candor by using photos of their actual-factual selves. I enjoy Bill-the-Cat and 3d rendering of a green goose, for instance (and obviously am of the opinion that there is a kind of wry humor in an endlessly bobbing and squeezing accordian player). But at the same time, it's kind of neat to imagine what you folks actually look like. Gives extra dimension to your posts.

So if there's a recent photo of you -- you know, a few months after you discovered you no longer resemble Brad Pitt, for the guys, or nostra Sophia, for the gals -- how about posting it, if only for a week or so?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just imagine Errol Flynn without the mustache,.. that's me :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you erase Flynn's mustache & post the result, for the non-classic-movies members?

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
When I changed my avatar to a more realistic rendition there was a howl of protest to return to my by now 'traditional' avatar!! :lol:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
If I replace my avatar with my photo. there'll be howls of pain rather than just protest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you all would prefer that I keep the mask on. :lol:

Alan

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the video editing forum I belong to, the head guy uses a photo of himself in a tux, taken twenty years ago. And we all wonder what he looks like now -- wider? gray hair? and less of it? fewer freckles? At least there's an artifact for the imagination to build on.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
NormanB said:
When I changed my avatar to a more realistic rendition there was a howl of protest to return to my by now 'traditional' avatar!! :lol:
Well yeah! You looked just too... normal! :wink:

As for me, I'm considering going back to my old avatar - or maybe something new. Haven't really decided yet, but I'm getting tired of seeing me everytime I log on. Bad enough that I have to look in the mirror each morning! :lol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pauljo said:
As for me, I'm considering going back to my old avatar - or maybe something new. Haven't really decided yet
Thanks, though, for the actual photo -- even if only for awhile.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ok, I'll narrow down the looks for you. Picture James Dean. I DON'T look like that (process of elimination).

I look more like the avatar you're seeing on the left, and yes, I AM a Leo by coincidence.

I think people choose the avatars they do for a [subconscious] reason. The lion fits me, but not in the way you'd think.

Personally, I prefer the non-real-life avatars. It has that element of mystery.

As far as real-life photos, how does one know if they're looking at the actual person's photo or some photo someone found in GQ magazine?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I don't have the problem you folks have, trying to decide whether to post a pic or not; simply because I don't know how....and if you were to see me you'd be glad I don't. :lol:

In fact, I haven't yet figured how to pick up "quotes" so that they show in the cute little blue boxes. :oops:

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Ok I'll see what I can do.....Just remember if you have nightmares you asked for it!!!!!!! 8)

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
pauljo said:
As for me, I'm considering going back to my old avatar - or maybe something new. Haven't really decided yet, but I'm getting tired of seeing me everytime I log on. Bad enough that I have to look in the mirror each morning! :lol:
Yeah - I get a bit fed up of shaving my fathers face too! :lol:

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
ted clement said:
In fact, I haven't yet figured how to pick up "quotes" so that they show in the cute little blue boxes. :oops:
Ted,

The easy way is when you want to quote a post, rather than clicking the 'Post Reply' button, find the post to which you want to quote and click the 'Quote' button at the upper-right corner of it. It'll take you to the same page as 'Post Reply' but already with the quoted text surrounded by "quote tags".

Here is what the quoted text from above looks like before posting :

ted clement said:
Always leave both tags in place whenever quoting. Both are required for the quoting function to work. Anything between the 2 tags can be removed. Although not required, it is highly suggested to remove any text from the quote that does not apply to your post.

Hope this helps,

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
billmeek said:
Ted,

The way you want to post, is not required, it is highly suggested to remove any text from your post.
It may also be useful to insert the word 'snipped' at the point of edit because it is very easy to change the whole sense of the originators words! :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
chuck807 said:
I think people choose the avatars they do for a [subconscious] reason.
Not sure what this says about me, but I have always liked active avatars.

Alan

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
james_eric said:
.... it's kind of neat to imagine what you folks actually look like.
Well - you can take a fuzzy long shot and then squeeze it down to 160 square and then people still wonder 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
chuck807 said:
As far as real-life photos, how does one know if they're looking at the actual person's photo or some photo someone found in GQ magazine?
OK... You uncovered my little secret. The guy with the pipe is really some dude from GQ magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

·
Premium Member
11,295 Posts
pauljo said:
OK... You uncovered my little secret. The guy with the pipe is really some dude from GQ magazine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
Typo alert strike GQ insert GOM! :p [/b]

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Okay, I'll play but just for today. Mine is me and my boy.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts