Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what point on the temp gauge does the cooling fan kick on?
I have been riding a week, the gauge stays at half way. And haven't heard the cooling fan either. (Maybe it's quiet though).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
It does have to be somewhat quiet, but it won't kick in until you get really up there on the temp scale. If you're staying about half way you're probably running 190 - 200 degrees and I believe the fan kicks on around 210. You're running a 190+ degree thermostate.

I will say this, I've accidently :oops: :oops: :oops: abused the cooling system and the since I caught it in time the bike didn't suffer any real damage - my pride took a bigger hit. Saying that, the cooling system on these machines is very, very good.

I hope this helps.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Interesting, my 2010 fan comes on just slightly higher than it's usual on the half way mark,
it is quiet, did not notice it was on till I stopped, it comes on in very hot weather if I ride
slowly.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks
I installed a LED indicator in the dash of my Concours and my Saturn, wired in parallel to the fan hot wire, so I can KNOW that the fan is operating, and plan to do the same to Burger. Just for peace of mind 8)

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
That's a neat idea and maybe should be something that should be put in the 'Feedback to Suzuki' section :thumbup:

It would be neat if Suzuki could put the 'fan running' LED in the temp gauge itself.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
mike1nw said:
OK thanks
I installed a LED indicator in the dash of my Concours and my Saturn, wired in parallel to the fan hot wire, so I can KNOW that the fan is operating, and plan to do the same to Burger. Just for peace of mind 8)
OK - brain is a bit tired today. So you just tapped in to the hot wire in two spots and wired in the indicator? If not, please excuse the tired brain (it's been a rough three months) and explain again.

Also, where on the dash (pics??) are you putting the LED?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, ran a wire from the "Hot" side of the fan switch to a 12v Radio Shack LED. (And grounded the other side of the LED). On the Concours, drilled a small hole in the dash. You run only ONE wire from fan circuit, the hot side. Which is found by a voltmeter.
This indicates when power is sent to the fan, but assuming the fan is operating correctly, also when the fan is running. 8)
Haven't done this to Burger yet but will post a pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts