Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just downloaded the service manual for the 650. Have you people any idea how many sensors ther are in this bike. there are diag. codes for at least a dozen CVT sensor failures !!!!!

I cant see a retail repair shop getting inot any of that. I hope this thing is reliable.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Let's hope the Burgman is as trouble free as all the other Suzuki's I've owned.

I spent an hour yesterday with my new service manual I received from Oneida Suzuki. It's one of the better manuals, very well executed photographs and drawings. One drawing even shows the path of the latch release cable. However, there is NO discussion of latch release cable adjustment.

Modern cars, as Pauljo mentions are easily as complex. My girlfriend has a '99 Taurus, so far problem free. Here's one for you: I had a '99 Volkswagen Jetta TDI (turbo-diesel). It developed the "DREAD COOLANT MIGRATION PROBLEM." The sensor for low coolant was mounted at the bottom of the coolant reservoir. Apparently the seal failed and coolant slowly migrated up the sensor's wire and throughout the entire wiring harness. Of course, in the process, bizarre things happened. The tach would suddenly redline, then drop to zero. The turbo would stop, then start, etc. Then the car just quit.

They had a new wiring harness built in Germany and when they went to install it they found puddles of coolant in the tailight housings.

Ya just never know. Especially why VW didn't run the sensor through the TOP of the reservoir?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh Ted.... don't get me started on VW. :shock:

My 2K2 GTI was in the shop 14 times in the first 15 months, so I've got a special kind of hate for VW & their awful customer service/engineering.

·
Registered
373 Posts
With all those sensors it does look scary, but it is the same on any fuel injected bike (or car for that matter) you don't hear of many problems with them.
I believe on all suzuki fuel injected bikes there is a 'Dealer Mode' that will tell you which sensor is causing the fault etc

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts