Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Tavern may get filled up with a lot of "stuff" that no one will read after it's a months old, you could add a note that after 60 or 90 days you sweep out the old items.
Got to clean the place once in a while. :)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I agree. Too many old topics in there. Most haven't been replied to in several months.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Unless server space becomes an issue, I like keeping all the old posts in all of the forums. Some of the new forum members might enjoy looking thru all of the old posts and I sometimes go back thru them myself.

·
Registered
185 Posts
as a newcomer to the forums...

I like to go back & see what's been discussed in the "distant" past. But...I AM a newbie, so what do I know?

Susan

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Susan,

When I first signed up, I spent a couple of days reading thru all the posts. For a 'newbie' now, it'd take more than a couple of days but there's a wealth of good information there. I still refer back to a lot of the old posts on a regular basis.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Now that I think about it, I really do like going back through the old posts. Sometimes I have a comment or answer for something that I knew nothing about at the time it was added.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bill & JD...

Bill...You're right about taking some time to read everything. I'm still working on it. I only get online a bit every day or so & there's a lot to read in the past posts.

JD...That's something I hadn't considered. I know that when I first started reading the forum posts, I didn't understand a lot of what I was reading. Going back after gaining more knowledge IS helpful.

I can see why veterans to the site might want to clean up the posts. Perhaps an "archived posts" would make everyone happy?? But as long as storage space isn't an issue, I would like to have access to the past posts.

Susan

·
Registered
925 Posts
It makes me feel smart when I can answer a question or give my opinion on a subject. I like feeling smart. It's cool :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts