Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Just got an email from DJ Ellis (http://maxiscooterstuff.com) saying that he has a tankbag available for the 400. I'm pretty impressed...I sent him a note probably nine months ago asking to be notified when the bags are available...didn't expect to hear back...here's a clip from his email:

I’ve not yet made time to take pictures of the tank bag but I’d be happy to send you some when I have them available if you’d like to see it before committing to purchasing one. They look just like the other tank bags that I manufacture except for the fact that they are made specifically to fit on the Burgman 400.

I offer them for the same price as all the other tank bags that I sell. They are $69.95 plus $10 shipping and handling to those in the United States. If you are outside the U.S. then shipping/handling is a bit more (contact me for details). I can take payment via check, money order, cash (at your own risk), or that which I prefer, PayPal. If you wish to pay via check, money order, or cash please send payment to the following address:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I'd be curious to know how to access the gas tank to fill up and the glove box once the bag is installed.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I like tank bags, but right now I need to be able to step thru .
Would like to know how it's held on (Velcro) and how easy it removes,
for putting in gas or just steeling it :?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The one I got for my 650, from D. J. Ellis, has a strap with a buckle clip that goes around the seat hinge in the back and the front just has a tab made out of a bit of strap that you are to close into one of the glove box doors. I don't have my bike yet so I haven't had a chance to see how secure it is or how easy it is to remove and install, but it looks like a well thought out design and I expect it to be pretty easy to handle.

When Sylvia gets here, I'll check it out and report back on the result.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oops...tank bag T-435. Goto their 2005 catalogue and go to page 374.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts